This year IEEE WIE Lahore Section affinity group has taken the initiative to give out recognition awards and certificates in order to acknowledge and recognize the hard work, dedication and volunteerism of the Women In Engineering members of Pakistan.
IEEE WIE Lahore is giving our the awards in the following three categories:
- Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Pakistan
- Outstanding WIE AG Chair Pakistan
- Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan
Results of IEEE WIE Pakistan 2014 Awards:
IEEE WIE Lahore acknowledging the services of the Women In Engineering members of Pakistan and giving them out the awards in various categories.
The judges panel consisted of following members:
- Nita Patel, Chairperson WIE (global)
- Ramalatha Marimuthu, Past Chair WIE (global)
- Rabia khalid, Past Chair, IEEE Pakistan WIE Forum
- Supavadee Aramvith, IEEE Region 10 EXCOM on Educational Activities Coordinator
- Zuhaina Zakaria, Vice Chair, IEEE Malaysia Section
A total of six nominations for Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan, three nominations for Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Pakistan and three nominations for Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Chairperson Pakistan were received. And after evaluation of them, the following results were compiled:
- Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Pakistan (IEEE WIE UET Lahore SB Affinity Group, Lahore Section)
- Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Chair Pakistan (Hiba Ovais Latifee, NED Karachi Chair 2013-14. Karachi Section)
- Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan (Hira Mahmood, IEEE WIE & CS GCUF, IEEE Lahore Section)
The aim behind the awards was to promote women in engineering and to recognize those who are putting up a valiant effort to do so. By introducing these annual awards, we believe to have provided a platform to WIE members of Pakistan to spur their activities even more.