IEEE Pakistan WIE Forum continues its tradition for acknowledging the services of the Women In Engineering members of Pakistan and giving them out the awards in various categories.
This year, awards will be given out in the following categories:
- Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Pakistan
- Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Chair Pakistan
- Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan
The judges panel consisted of following members:
- Nita Patel, Chairperson WIE (global)
- Ramalatha Marimuthu, Immediate Past Chair WIE (global)
- Parveen Wahid, WIE Awards Subcommittee Chair
A total of nine nominations for Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan, five nominations for Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Pakistan and four nominations for Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Chairperson Pakistan were received. And after evaluation of them, the following results were compiled:
- WIE Affinity Group NED Karachi as Outstanding WIE Affinity Group
- Sania Arshad, Chairperson WIE CIIT Lahore as Outstanding WIE Affinity Group Chair
- Asma Sajid, member WIE GCUF as Outstanding WIE Volunteer Pakistan
The aim behind the awards was to promote women in engineering and to recognize those who are putting up a valiant effort to do so. By introducing these annual awards, we believe to have provided a platform to WIE members of Pakistan to spur their activities even more.