Watch the event again following our YouTube playlist
- Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQ) on PhD
- Video of the event (YouTube playlist)
- Official website of the doctoral school
- PhD program in Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering Official Page
- PhD Program in Computer and Control Engineering Official Page
- PhD Program in Metrology Official Page
Introduction to the event
Are you a master student thinking about what to do in your future? Have you heard about the PhD but still you don’t know what exactly it is? Are you interested in joining the research community?
On 23rd April 2020, from 5.30 PM, we organize, together with the HKN PoliTo, the open day of the PhD programs related to the ICT fields of Politecnico di Torino. The event is open to all the master students of the Politecnico di Torino and all the people, also from other universities, who might be interested in a PhD program in this University related to the ICT field.
- Understand what a PhD degree is and what added value it will offer you
- Listen to current PhD students’ work and get an insight into the daily life of doctoral students
- Learn how to join a PhD program at Politecnico di Torino
- Discover the advantages and benefits of joining a PhD program by discussing with professors and students.
There will be a presentation of the programs in the ICT offered by Politecnico di Torino:
- Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering (EECE)
- Computer and Control Engineering (CCE)
A selection of PhD candidates will present their personal experience as PhD students of the Politecnico di Torino, providing highlights on hot research activities. Senior alumni (former PhD candidates from PoliTo) will also discuss their experience and the role played by their PhD degree in boosting their careers. The invited speakers will be:
- Leila Es Sebar: PhD student in Metrology.
- Alex Minetto: Post-doctoral Research and Teaching Assistant at PoliTO, former PhD student in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- Andrea Marcelli: Security Research at Cisco Talos, former PhD student in Computer and Control Engineering.
- Giulia Santoro: Engineer at Apple, former PhD student in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
Considering the period, the event will be held online. Details for the connection to the event will be available the day of the event on our official website and on all of our social pages.
The event is co-organized by the IEEE Student Branch Politecnico di Torino and the IEEE HKN Mu Nu Chapter, in collaboration with the Coordinators of the above-mentioned PhD programs.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any information!