The mission of the Politecnico di Torino IEEE Student Branch
We the students of the IEEE Student Branch at the Politecnico di Torino, while ensuring students’ mental, social, and academic well being, strive to increase the awareness of Electrical, Electronic, Computer, Telecommunication, Biomedical, and Nanotechnologies Engineering, knowledge, technologies and provide opportunities for learning beyond the classroom.
The Politecnico di Torino IEEE Student Branch is open to students of the Politecnico di Torino who join IEEE. The student branch hosts professional, social and academic community-based events that benefit the overall student community at Politecnico di Torino. The student branch also acts as a professional beacon, giving alumni and professionals from the industry an opportunity to contribute to the university’s students.
The Politecnico di Torino IEEE Student Branch desires to:
– Improve the experience for all students in the Politecnico di Torino.
– Create a link between the university, students, and companies.
– Act as the interface between IEEE student member and IEEE.
– Provide an answer and help to the student.
The Student Branch operations come from a varied and interesting program of activities for members and non-members:
– Seminars with speakers on technical or professional subjects.
– Collaboration with other IEEE Student Branches, Young Professionals, IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu, and Women in Engineering groups.
– Hosting of an annual event to welcome and farewell members.
– Participation in competitions.
– Tutorials to non-members.