Our main objective is to encourage and facilitate contact between graduate students finishing their PhD programs and industry members looking for PhD graduate positions. Job opportunities in the field of acoustics are varied but are often unknown to students. This event is an opportunity to fill this gap.
This event will take place on Monday, October 22nd from 7pm to 10pm at the Nunobiki/Kitano Room (Portopia Hotel, Kobe, Japan). It will have two parts:
7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
If you are interested in this event, we encourage you to register before September 18th. Places are limited and selected on a first-come first-serve basis. For Module 1, only 30 students will be selected on a first-come first-serve basis. For Module 2, the requirement is to be registered for the Student – Industry Networking event. Maximum capacity: 100 participants (students + industry members).
For students, a valid registration requires:
- Intent to graduate from their Ph.D. program within one year and interest in an industry position.
- Valid registration at IUS 2018, (indicate student in the Student – Industry Networking Event section).
For industry members, a valid registration requires:
- Being interested in new graduate students.
- Valid registration at IUS 2018 (indicate industry member in the Student – Industry Networking Event section).
- After a successful registration, we will provide a format to provide us details about your available industry positions for PhD graduates.
For any question about this event, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
G. Torres and C. Floer
IEEE UFFC Student Representatives