Greetings Albuquerque Section Members,
Each year, the IEEE Albuquerque Section, in collaboration with the University of New Mexico Sigma Xi Chapter, recognizes the achievements of its membership and others who serve the science and engineering community.
This year’s awards will be presented at the annual joint IEEE – Sigma Xi ceremony on May 16, 2022. Nominations are now open for the following IEEE awards:
· Outstanding K-12 STEM Educator
· Outstanding Engineering Educator
· Outstanding Young Engineer
· Outstanding Engineer
· Outstanding Entrepreneur
· Outstanding Corporate Service
· Outstanding Undergraduate Engineering Student
· Outstanding Graduate Engineering Student
· Outstanding Service
· Outstanding Humanitarian Service
Additionally, nominations are open for the following awards from the UNM branch of the Sigma Xi honor society:
· Noteworthy Technical Support Person
· Superior Undergraduate Student
· Excellence in Graduate Research
All forms are included at the end of this post.
Nominations will be accepted until March 23st, 2022 and recipients will be notified by April 23rd. I encourage you to nominate an exceptional student, teacher, colleague, intern, mentor, or co-worker. Please feel free to forward and share the attached flyer as well.
To nominate, please use the MS Word nomination documents at the Section website and send your completed nomination package according to the guidelines to:
· IEEE Section Chair, Lee Rashkin, at: email@example.com,
· IEEE Section Vice Chair, Skyler Nix, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and
· Professor Harjit Ahluwalia at: email@example.com
We look forward to recognizing outstanding members of our IEEE Section.
Chair, IEEE – Albuquerque Section