Greetings Albuquerque Section Members,
Each year, the IEEE Albuquerque Section, in collaboration with the University of New Mexico Sigma Xi Chapter, recognizes the achievements of its membership and others who serve the science and engineering community.
This year’s awards will be presented at the annual joint IEEE – Sigma Xi ceremony on May 15, 2023. Nominations are now open for the following IEEE awards:
- Outstanding K-12 STEM Educator
- Outstanding Engineering Educator
- Outstanding Young Engineer
- Outstanding Engineer
- Outstanding Entrepreneur
- Outstanding Corporate Service
- Outstanding Undergraduate Engineering Student
- Outstanding Graduate Engineering Student
- Outstanding Service
- Outstanding Humanitarian Service
Additionally, nominations are open for the following awards from the UNM branch of the Sigma Xi honor society:
- Noteworthy Technical Support Person
- Superior Undergraduate Student
- Excellence in Graduate Research
All forms are included in this email and will be made available at the Section website.
Nominations will be accepted until March 31st, 2023and recipients will be notified by April 21st. I encourage you to nominate an exceptional student, teacher, colleague, intern, mentor, or co-worker. Please feel free to forward and share the attached flyer as well.
Download the forms here: