Presentation Program :
» 11:45 Webinar open
» 12:00 IEEE South Alberta announcements
» 12:05 Presentation
» 13:15 Q&A
» 13:30 Webinar close
Event Registration Link: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/285962
Typically, the identification of maximum transient surges (TOV) for the Medium Voltage collector systems and the establishment of strategies for TOV suppression is performed via detailed engineering studies for wind farms but the experience is relatively new for large-scale solar plants. This presentation reviews this topic and offers recommendations on how the circuit breakers could be configured at the distribution level to provide acceptable levels of protection and reliability.
- The webinar is free for active IEEE members.
- There is a $5 registration fee for people who are not active IEEE members.
- The fee must be paid in advance through the registration process below (credit card through PayPal) in order to receive the link to the webinar.
- Upon successful payment of the fee, you will receive 2 emails: one from firstname.lastname@example.org with title “IEEE vTools Reservation Confirmation,” and a second from email@example.com with title “Your payment to The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.” Both emails are required to ensure your payment was successfully processed.
- Incomplete non-member registrations (payment not received) will be deleted.
- A link to the WebEx registration will be sent to the email address you provided during this vTools registration by “IEEE Southern Alberta”. Please double check the spelling of your email address when registering.
- You will need to complete the brief WebEx event registration prior to joining the webinar, a link will be sent to your email by firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check the Junk folder before join the event.