Outstanding Engineer Award 2019 Call for Nominations
We are currently seeking nominations for the Northern Canada PES/IAS Outstanding Engineer of 2019 award. The award recognizes the outstanding contribution of a local engineer to the power engineering profession, including, but not limited to:
– Outstanding technical contributions to the power engineering profession.
– Outstanding professional and leadership contributions to the power engineering profession
– Significant contributions to the local community representing the power engineering profession.
– Outstanding contributions in the area of power engineering education.
– Service to the Power & Energy Society and/or Industry Applications Society and/or IEEE.
The Northern Canada PES chapter may grant up to two OEA awards, one in each of two categories:
1. An IEEE PES member who is no longer an IEEE Young Professional (more than 15 years since university graduation)
2. An IEEE PES member who is an IEEE Young Professional (15 years or less since university graduation)
IEEE Young Professionals (formerly GOLD) was created in 1996 as a membership program helping young professionals evaluate their career goals, polish their professional image, and create the building blocks of a lifelong and diverse professional network. Young Professional members are those who have graduated from their first professional degree within the last 15 years.
If you would like to nominate yourself or (a) colleague(s) for this award please fill out the attached Nomination Form (Outstanding Engineer Award 2019 Call for Nominations) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM. Self-nomination is also accepted. We will present the award at the Northern Canada Section IAS/PES event held in November 2019.
As per IEEE guidelines the winner needs to be both an IEEE and PES member in good standing and under the jurisdiction of the Northern Canada Section.
Chapter Award Subcommittee