Life Member Affinity Group – Madison
Life Member Designation
The designation of Life Member is automatically bestowed upon an active IEEE member on January 1 of the year immediately succeeding the year in which the requirements were met. Members who qualify will be notified by mail in the fourth quarter of the qualifying year. Life members are designated by adding the word “Life” to their member grade: Life Member, Life Senior Member, Life Fellow.
Qualifications: IEEE members who qualify for Life Membership:
- Have attained the age of 65 years
- Have been a member of IEEE for such a period that the sum of his/her age and his/her years of membership equals or exceeds 100 years
Life Members Affinity Groups:
- Enable Life Members to retain active IEEE associations regardless of their level of professional and technical activity.
- Contribute to the social good in their communities
- Advance the professional interests of IEEE
- Allow members to enjoy each other’s company
Madison Section Life Member Affinity Group
- Dates: First Thursdays of January, March, May, September and November
- Time: 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- Location: Madison Public Library, Sequoya Branch
Midvale Plaza Shopping Center
4340 Tokay Blvd, Madison, WI 53711
- Exceptions: Meeting dates and times will adjusted as needed to accommodate speaker availability, avoid conflicts with other events etc.
Madison LMAG Focus
- We expect the subject areas covered by our activities to be somewhat less technically focused and broader in scope than the section activities,
Subject areas that we might want to cover would include:
- Supporting and promoting STEM education
- Learning about, supporting and promoting activities of organizations and institutions like the Madison public schools and libraries and the Wisconsin Science Museum
- Environmental, energy and sustainability issues beyond those directly related to electrical engineering.
- Travel, hobby and other subjects with more than the usual emphasis on socialization and less than the usual technical content.
- Tours with or without a particularly technical aspect
Chair: Charles Cowie Vice Chair: Sandy Rotter Secretary: Vacant