About The Workshop
IEEE Malabar Subsection, Women in Engineering along with NIT Calicut, is organizing a two-day online workshop for women in engineering, entitled “Beyond Glass Barriers – 2021”.
The aim of this workshop is to inspire, empower and lead budding women in the area of engineering and technology.
The workshop is conducted online and there is no registration fees
Who Can Apply?
Women engineers, academicians, research scholars and women entrepreneurs.
Paper Presentation Themes
•Work Home Balance
•COVID and Productivity
•Social Network Addiction and Productivity
•Lack of Mentorship
•Stereotyping in Profession
•PhD and Family Balance
•Academics and Lack of Industrial Exposure
•Identity Theft and Fake profiles
•Academics vs Professional Activities- Challenges and Opportunities
• Inauguration by Hon’ble Mayor of Calicut, Dr Beena Philip
• MSS ROSE Award Declaration
• Inspirational talk on “How professional activities and engagements have helped you for career excellence”
• Presentation of papers received for BGB paper presentation contest
• Panel Discussion “Challenges and survival techniques during COVID and what beyond COVID”
What you can Gain?
• A platform to meet women leaders in academia, research, administration and industry
• Better professional networking
Important Dates for paper submission
Paper Submission 26/12/2021
Paper Acceptance 28/12/2021
Paper Presentation 29/12/2021
Prize Declaration 29/12/2021
Important Dates for Event Participation
Event Registration – 26/12/2021
Registration and Paper Submission link
Paper Presentation Format & Prize
The paper presentation contest is being held in two tracks : Professional and students. Papers can be of maximum 2 pages and should highlight the challenge faced and personal initiative that has been taken to overcome the challenge. Best paper will be selected by an expert committee and separate awards will be given in both the tracks.
•1st Prize- 3,000/-