What is TISP?
TISP functions essentially as a professional development workshop aimed at helping teachers bring exciting hands-on engineering lessons into their classrooms. Once trained, IEEE volunteers can connect with pre-university schools in their local communities to deliver the hands-on program.
What are the goals of TISP?
The program’s goals are to:
- Empower section volunteers to collaborate with their local pre-university community
- Promote applied inquiry-based learning
- Enhance the level of technical literacy of pre-university educators
- Encourage pre-university students to pursue technical careers, including engineering
- Increase the general level of technical literacy of pre-university students throughout their educational careers.