ABOUT IEEE WIE
ABOUT THE IEEE WIE OF UNIVERSITY OF MORATUWA
Being the first ever WIE Affinity Group in Sri Lanka, strives for the promotion and betterment of Women Engineers and increasing the interest, awareness and involvement of young females in technical disciplines, especially in the field of Engineering.
ABOUT THE IEEE WOMEN IN ENGINEERING
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is a global network of IEEE members and volunteers dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering and science.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.
Mission and Vision
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE Strives to
- Provide assistance with the formation of new IEEE WIE Affinity Groups and support ongoing activities.
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations.
- Organize workshops at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in IEEE WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance and career advancement for women in the profession.
- Promote member grade advancement for women to the IEEE membership grades of Senior Member and Fellow.
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs.
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior high and high schools.