- Established: 1947
- IEEE Region: 4
- Rock River Valley Section consists of the following counties in Illinois: Winnebago, Stephenson, Boone, DeKalb, Lee, Ogle and Rock Couny in Wisconsin.
- The RRVS contains a student branch located in the College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL.Monthly section dinner meetings are normally held the last Thursday of the month from August thru June(See Events Link for more info).
The RRVS section contains the following local society chapters:
- RRVS Industry Applications Society (IAS) Chapter – established in 1992
- Joint RRVS Computer & Control Systems Chapter – established 6/26/95
- RRVS Power Electronics Society (PELS) Chapter – established in 9/96
- RRVS Electromagnetic Compatibility Society (EMC) Chapter – established in 2007
and the following affinity groups:
- Women in Engineering
- Young Professionals
- Consultant’s Network
- Life Members
IEEE Rock River Valley Section is a member of …