Power & Energy Society Awards
We are currently seeking nominations for the Northern Saskatchewan Section PES/IAS Outstanding Engineer of 2017 award. The award recognizes the outstanding contribution of a local engineer to the power engineering profession, including, but not limited to:
- Outstanding technical contributions to the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding professional and leadership contributions to the power engineering profession
- Significant contributions to the local community representing the power engineering profession.
- Outstanding contributions in the area of power engineering education.
- Service to the Power & Energy Society and/or Industry Applications Society and/or IEEE.
PES allows giving out two OEA awards by categorising candidates in one of two categories:
- An IEEE PES member who is no longer an IEEE Young Professional (more than 15 years since university graduation)
- An IEEE PES member who is an IEEE Young Professional (15 years or less since university graduation)
In addition we are also seeking nominations for the Northern Saskatchewan Section PES/IAS Outstanding Chapter Volunteer of 2017 award. This award recognized outstanding contribution of an active member of the PES/IAS Chapter who:
– Contributed in a significant capacity in organizing conferences, seminars, and lecturers held by the IEEE NSS PES/IAS chapter
– Provide exceptional support in the planning and execution of chapter and affiliate events
– Promote the long term initiatives of the chapter and are excellent ambassadors of the IEEE
To nominate your colleague(s) for these awards please draft a brief description of how your nomination meets the above criteria send it us (details within the attached form) by December 08, 2017 by 5:00 PM. We will present the award at the Northern Saskatchewan Section IAS/PES event to held in January 2018.
As per IEEE guidelines the winner needs to be both an IEEE and PES member in good standing and under the jurisdiction of the Northern Saskatchewan Section.
Nominate a colleague today: IEEE OEA nomination Form_2017