University of Akron students looking for Co-op positions – can you help?
Students from The University of Akron’s Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technology (EEET) program will be graduating and looking for employment in May. With the COVID pandemic, the process may be somewhat different for both employers and perspective employees this year. Students in our program are graduating with either Associate of Applied Science and Bachelor of Science degrees in EEET. Employers can post positions and review resumes on the university Handshake system.
If you have a position announcements for the program bulletin board or to share them electronically with students you can forward the information to Professor Andrew Milks P.E. at email@example.com. The EEET programs are now part of the College of Engineering and Polymer Science and we are housed in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. More information about the EEET and other departmental programs can be found at https://www.uakron.edu/engineering/ece/.
Canton Engineer for A Day Program Needs Computer Company Sponsors
The Canton Joint Engineering Council (CJEC) is looking for computer related companies (employing computer engineers) located in the Canton, Ohio area to participate in an Engineer for a Day program which offers Senior High School students opportunities to spend part of a day with an engineer during Engineers Week in February. We find that there are more and more students interested in computer engineering but not many companies available to accommodate one or more students in this discipline. If you know of a company or someone who works for a company in the Canton area that hires computer engineers, please contact Brian Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for any input.
Executive Committee Meeting (EXCOM)
The next ExCom meeting is scheduled for September 13.
ExCom meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of the month at 5:00 pm via Zoom. Please contact Dean Philips at email@example.com if you wish to participate. You will be sent an invitation to the Zoom meeting. All members are welcome to attend.
- DeVry University Online IEEE Student Branch ExCom meeting - DeVry University Online on 15-August-2022
- Distributed Energy Resource Interconnection and Interoperability with the Electric Power System - Eastern USA - Region 2 on 29-August-2022
- PA Turnpike Update: Conversion to Open Road Tolling - Pittsburgh Section Affinity Group,LM on 26-October-2022
- Characteristics of Successful Tech Hubs and Start-ups: Lessons from the Origin and Growth of Silicon Valley - Columbus Section Jt Chapter,ED15/PHO36 on 14-September-2022
- IEEE-Columbus ExCom Meeting -WebEx Meeting - Columbus Section on 18-August-2022
- Information Content of High-order Associations of the Human Gut Microbiota Network - Pittsburgh Section on 19-August-2022
- Lehigh Valley IEEE end-of-summer Picnic - Lehigh Valley Section on 24-September-2022
- Region 2 Leadership Sync - Eastern USA - Region 2 on 02-November-2022
- Region 2 Leadership Sync - Eastern USA - Region 2 on 05-October-2022
- IEEE Erie Section Picnic 2022 - Erie Section on 24-September-2022