The IEEE Technical Committee on Real-Time Systems (TCRTS) is soliciting nominations for the 2020 Test of Time Awards. These awards recognize papers that have had a sustained and significant impact on real-time systems research for at least one decade. Three types of awards will be given:
- The Real-Time Systems Test-of-Time Award recognizes papers published on any venue.
- The RTSS Influential Paper Award recognizes papers published in the Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS) conference proceedings.
- The RTAS Influential Paper Award recognizes papers published in the Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS) conference proceedings.
Further information about these awards, including selection criteria, are detailed here.
Nomination procedure. A paper maybe nominated by any individual who has been a member of an RTSS or RTAS Technical Program Committee, by sending a nomination letter to email@example.com by the deadline of February 15, 2021. The nomination letter must contain the following information (a template is provided below):
- The title, the author list, the publication year, and the journal or proceedings where the nominated paper has been published.
- The name and affiliation of the nominator, and if appropriate, the relationship of the nominator to the authors.
- An optional nomination statement (300 words maximum) highlighting reasons beyond bibliometric facts as to why the nominated paper is deserving of the award.
Papers co-authored by the IEEE-TCRTS Chair or Vice Chair, or by members of the Selection Committee, are not eligible for nomination. Currently the TCRTS Chair is Luis Almeida and the Vice Chair is Christopher Gill; the Selection Committee comprises Sanjoy Baruah, Björn Brandenburg, Giorgio Buttazzo, and Isabelle Puaut.
TEMPLATE OF NOMINATION LETTER
TCRTS Test-of-Time Award 2020
Data of the nominated paper
- Author list:
- Publication year:
Data of the nominator
- TPC member of [ ] RTSS/ [ ] RTAS, latest year _____
- Relationship to the authors of the nominated paper:
Optional nomination statement (300 words maximum)