Call for Papers
DATE Initiative on Autonomous Systems Design
Automated Vehicles and Beyond
organized as part of the conference DATE 2020
12-13 March 2020
Submission Deadline: 29 Sep 2019 (23:59 (CET))
The DATE initiative on Autonomous Systems Design (ASD) is a two-day special event at DATE, the leading European conference on embedded hardware and software design. It focuses on recent trends and emerging challenges in the field of autonomous systems. Such systems are becoming more and more integral parts of many Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) applications. Automated driving constitutes today one of the best examples of this trend, in addition to other application domains such as avionics and robotics.
ASD is organized as Thursday and Friday Initiative days to constitute a two-day continuous program covering different industrial and academic methods and methodologies in the design, verification and validation of autonomous systems. We welcome your contributions within the scope of the event, the main areas of interest include but are not limited to the following,
- embedded and cyber-physical systems platforms that implement and execute the
autonomous system functions including aspects related to their architectures,
hardware, software and communication,
- the design of autonomous systems including processes, modeling, optimization, verification, validation, and test,
- all aspects of dependability in autonomous systems design including, but not limited to, functional safety concepts, fail-operational systems design, functional safety for applications with machine learning, safe and secure adaptions and updates, autonomous systems security,
- case studies of autonomous systems design using innovative architectures, methods and tools.
THURSDAY INITIATIVE DAY
The initiative day on Thursday consists of regular sessions discussing novel technical
contributions. Submitted papers will undergo a peer-review process and accepted papers
will appear in the DATE conference proceedings, prefixed with the initiative title. All
manuscripts should be submitted in pdf format not exceeding 6 pages, formatted following
the DATE proceedings submission instructions:
- Abstract Submission : 22 September 2019
- Full Paper Submission : 29 September 2019
- Acceptance Notification : 07 November 2019
- Camera-ready paper due date : 28 November 2019
We additionally solicit special sessions proposals, panel discussions and invited talks,
targeting hot topics and elaborating emerging challenges in the field of autonomous systems, especially that are of interest to the DATE conference participants.
Chair: Selma Saidi, Hamburg University of Technology, DE
Co-chair: Marko Bertogna, University of Modena, IT
Submission site: https://www.softconf.com/date20/ASD_special_day/
FRIDAY INITIATIVE DAY
The initiative day on Friday consists of interactive and working sessions involving
methodologies, application kernels and models, software tools and industrial challenges.
The call for papers addressing the Friday day will be posted later.
Chair: Sebastian Steinhorst, Technical University of Munich, DE
Co-chair: Jyotirmoy Deshmukh, University of Southern California, USA
- Rolf Ernst, Technical University of Braunschweig, DE
- Selma Saidi, Hamburg University of Technology, DE
- Dirk Ziegenbein, Robert Bosch GmbH, DE