IEEE Sweden Planning and Budget Request
Complete your existing plans and budgets for 2018
- Control your remaining Chapter budget from the last accounting update (mailed out Aug 8, 2018).
- Budget-1 (Long Term Asset, LTA) will be returned to Chapter at the end of the year if not used. A new plan in form of submitted excel is necessary to release the LTA budget again.
- Budget-2 (Rebate) labelled assets will be returned to Section for redistribution among all Chapters at the end of the year if not used. A new plan in form of submitted excel is necessary request a Rebate-budget.
- Also remind your sponsors if promised grants have not reached the Section bank account (the Section Treasurer cannot do this for you).
- Report all activities before Dec 31 in vtools and to Section Treasurer (no late invoices, Section closes the accounting books and confirms the result to Piscataway).
After the Chapter Chair Workshop –Planning and Budgeting
- By Oct 31, submit plans and proposed budgets to Section Chair and Treasurer.
- During Nov 1-15, the Section Treasurer will compile the plans and budgets.
- On Nov 15, the Section Board will receive preliminary plans and budgets from the Section Treasurer.
- On Dec 5, the Section Board will approve final plans and budgets.
- The excel form for requesting budget is available here: IEEE SE Section budget process Chapter-Name FY2018-FY2019. Fill in and return to Section Treasurer by Oct 31. Add your unit name in the file name.
- The Chapter Planning powerpoint presentations from the Chapter Chair workshop are available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/im1aqxb99d9umia/Chapter%20Chairs%202018.zip?dl=0
- The compiled plan overview is available here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ja1TzNZDSrksmJMY51RikggM1F1jUx9eyzwy4uL6I3A/edit#gid=0
- The compiled budget from last year is available here for reference: Budget 2018 mailout CS 171228.
- General policies are available here: https://mga.ieee.org/board-committees/operations-manual
- Remember to planned events to vtools (for managing events, they can be saved as drafts to begin with), to the ieee.se events (for showing event on ieee.se site calendar and event list) and finally describe it as a blog post (to give the event a news flash on ieee.se).
Help each other, suggest joint events with other Chapters and Affinities!
Looking forward to questions and suggestions!