- This event has passed.
Postponed – Women-in-STEM event @ CSW-2020
2020-05-18 @ 14:00 - 20:00
Due to the COVID-19 situation this event has been postponed to May-2021.
- As a part of the Compound Semiconductor Week (CSW-2020) Dr. Qin Wang (RISE-Acreo) is organizing a Women-in-STEM symposium with a number of invited international speakers. The event is sponsored by IEEE Sweden Section and IEEE Photonics Society Sweden Chapter through IEEE Chapter Grants. The CSW 2020 venue is at Münchenbryggeriet in Stockholm on 17-21 May-2020 (event is on 18-May).
Link to more information and registration.
- Afternoon session on Women-in-Electronics/Photonics:
Chaired by Dr. Ayodeji Coker, Science Director, US Office of Naval Research Global
1. Prof. Tuula Teeri, President of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA), Welcome speech
2. Prof. Irina Bouianova, Linköping University, Sweden, “III-V Nanowires from Highly-Mismatched Alloys”
3. Dr. Shouleh Nikzad, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), “Nanoscale Engineered Silicon Imagers Reaching Theoretical Limit Performance and their Application in Space Exploration and Synergistic Fields” [IEEE Distinguished Lecturer]
4. Dr. Linda Mondin, European Space Agency (ESA), “Laser Interferometer Space Antenna”
5. Dr. Ani Khachatrian, US Naval Research Lab (NRL), “Single Event Effects in Wide Bandgap Semiconductors”
6. Dr. Linda Höglund, IRnova AB, “T2SL and QWIP Infrared Detectors for Gas Sensing Applications”
7. Prof. Qin Wang, RISE/KTH, “SiC-Based High-Temperature/Pressure Sensors Operating in Harsh Environment”
- Evening session Women-in-Globalizations 4.0 (preliminary agenda and speakers):
Chaired by Dr. Ayodeji Coker and Prof. Qin Wang
1. Prof. Qin Wang, RISE/KTH, “Introduction on IEEE Photonic Society Swedish Chapter and brief the panel discussion topic on globalizations 4.0”
2. Dr Lidia Galdino, Engineering Research Fellow, Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University College of London (UCL), UK, “IEEE Photonic Society Women in Photonic Initiative”
3. Panel discussions on challenges and opportunities for Women-in-Globalizations 4.0:
Panelists: Prof. Irina Bouianova, Dr Lidia Galdino, Dr. Linda Höglund, Dr. Ani Khachatrian, Dr. Linda Mondin, and Dr. Shouleh Nikzad