Call for Papers-2014
NEW – Abstract deadline extended to MARCH 15
Download a PDF of this page here.
IEEE Region 6
|2nd IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability|
July 24-26, 2014
|First Call for Papers|
Interested? Sign-on to our interest list on the home page – ieee.org/sustech
The intent of the SusTech conference is to explore the comprehensive nature of sustainability and to emphasize the role of technology in achieving a sustainable life style for humanity. The topic listings below are meant to indicate the breadth of the area and are definitely not to be considered exhaustive.
- Alternative Energy (e.g. solar, wind, tidal, fuel cells, energy harvesting, nuclear, thermal)
- Energy Efficiency (e.g. sensors and measurement, energy saving controls, auto electronics & fuel economy, data centers, power saving, Smart Environment)
- Transportation Electrification (e.g. electric vehicles, aviation, motors, drive controls, batteries, sensors, environmental & power distribution impacts)
- Smart Grid (e.g. communications, control, power electronics, industrial and home applications, energy storage, demand control and response)
- Sustainable Electronics (e.g. sustainable manufacturing, components, global materials supply, hardware life-cycle, nanotechnology & health/environment, reuse and repair of consumer electronics, materials harvesting from electronic waste, Open repair manuals and on-line repair and electronics sustainability resources, best practices)
- Societal Implications / Quality of Life (e.g. EM spectrum allocation, global warming, autonomous vehicles, health & medical electronics, global education & human resources, risk management, remediation, purification, public policy)
Tutorials, Workshops and Papers are solicited for both oral and poster presentation from industry, government and academia (including students) covering relevant research, technologies, methodologies, tools and case studies.
In addition, we are seeking proposals for tutorials and workshops on Certifications & Standards (e.g. verification, standards, regulations, compliance).
SusTech will feature contributed papers and distinguished invited speakers in each track. Full papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Conference content that meet IEEE quality review standards will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore® as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases. Topics with policy implications are welcome, in both technologies for sustainability and sustainable technologies.
|Acceptance notification:||April 15|
|Final paper deadline:||May 30|
|SusTech General Chair:||Ed Perkins (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|SusTech Program Chair:||Jim Morris (email@example.com)|
SUSTECH 2014 is financially co-sponsored by the IEEE Oregon Section, IEEE Region 6 and IEEE-USA.
Technically co-sponsored by IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT)
- SusTech 2020 Proceedings Published in IEEE Xplore July 28, 2020
- Announcing SusTech Talk – THE REALITY OF OUR CHANGING CLIMATE July 25, 2020
- SusTech 2020 Poster Contest Winners May 4, 2020
- Student Poster Contest at SusTech 2020 April 13, 2020
- Keynotes Announced for Virtual SusTech 2020 April 10, 2020
San Fernando Valley Section
Coastal Los Angeles Section
Metropolitan Los Angeles Section