Description: The IEEE PES Outstanding Chapter Volunteer Award (OCVA) program allows each PES Chapter the opportunity to recognize a volunteer’s contribution to the local chapter. This award was initiated by Chapter Leadership and approved in 2015 by the PES Executive Board.
Eligibility: The recipient must be both an IEEE and PES member
Frequency/Schedule: One Award per chapter per year.
Selection Criteria: The following areas are some of the selection criteria for the recipient:
- Members who played significant roles during a conference where chapter was involved
- Organizers or significant contributors to Chapter affinity groups (Young Professionals, Women in Power, etc.)
- Members who contributed significantly to chapter events or operations
- Chapter ADCOM/EXCOM Committee Chairs or members
- Chapter webmaster, social media coordinator, etc.
Presentation of Award: The recipient of the award receives a plaque courtesy of the IEEE Power Engineering Society headquarters in the USA and this is presented to him/her at our Annual Dinner, which is typically held in Singapore in November/December each year.
Call for Nomination: The “Call for Nomination” is usually announced in August/September every year. If you wish to nominate someone, please contact the chapter chairman or chairman of the awards subcommittee.
Deadline of the Nomination for 2019 Award: 31st of December 2018