Newcastle University (NU) – IEEE PES Women Event
Date: 09th January 2018
Venue: Newcastle Research & Innovation Institute (NewRIIS), 80 Jurong East Street 21, #05-04, Singapore
Organizers: Newcastle University and IEEE PES Singapore Chapter
Some blurb about NU Women is given below for your information:
NU Women is a network that is open to all women who work at the University. Set up in March 2009, the network is here to provide a forum for women to meet, share ideas, provide mutual support for their career development, and to feed into the University issues of concern and interest to women members of staff. For more information about the Network please see our blog or follow us on Twitter.
Aims of the Network:
- To support women working at Newcastle University in their careers.
- To be a voice for women and feed into institutional structures.
- To raise awareness around gender and diversity issues.
- To build active communities and networks.
We will meet these aims by:
- Providing a range of events and activities to support women’s careers and professional development across the institution.
- Bringing together academic and professional services staff around common issues and challenges.
- Raising awareness of the network and its activities, including through its social media presence.
- Encouraging more staff to engage with gender equality and diversity agendas.
- Establishing and supporting as part of NU Women a Women Professors Network and a Professional Services Staff network.
- Maintaining existing links with Northumbria University.
- Making regional links with local business networks and women’s charities.
We regularly hold events and ad hoc activities, details of which can be found on our blog: https://blogs.ncl.ac.uk/nuwomen/tag/newcastle-university/.
Speaker: Professor Kathryn Hollingsworth
Chair, NU Women
Co-convenor with Helen Stalford of the AHRC funded Children’s Rights Judgments Project
Biography of the speaker is available in the following link. http://www.ncl.ac.uk/nuls/staff/profile/kathrynhollingsworth.html#background
It is a good opportunity for networking! You are all cordially invited. Look forward to seeing you all.
All IEEE PES members are very welcome!