Election 2021 – Candidates & Petitions
Following are our candidates for the office of 2022 IEEE President-Elect, listed in alphabetical order:
- Francis B. Grosz (Nominated by IEEE Board of Directors)
- Saifur Rahman (Nominated by Petition)
- S.K. Ramesh (Nominated by IEEE Board of Directors)
Petition available for signatures for IEEE President-Elect:
Individual voting members may propose, by petition, names to be added to the IEEE annual election ballot. Learn about the petition process.
2020 Section Awards
- Outstanding IEEE SCV Section Young Professional presented to Selvam Raju
- Outstanding Engineer presented to Sara Dadras
- Outstanding Large Student Branch of the Year (25 or more active members) presented to University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC)
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted women in engineering presented
to Dr. Jeewika Ranaweera
- SCV Section Chair Special Award presented to Joseph Wei
IEEE MGA, Region 6 and Central Area Outstanding Large Section Awards (2016, 2015)
Santa Clara Valley Section
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence
About IEEE SCV
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Industry Spotlight: FLEET — Fast Lanes for Expedited Execution at 10 Terabits
- Industry Spotlight: The Digital Twin – An end to end view: Technologies, Operations, and Business Models
- Industry Spotlight: Memory Disaggregation: Think Outside the Box
- Industry Spotlight: Energy-Efficiency Tradeoffs for Parallel Scientific Applications
- Industry Spotlight: Exciting Cyber Physical Course Ahead + Laser Modelling for Fun
Section & Chapters News
- Except for Summer Break (July and August), monthly SCV Section ExCom meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month virtually.
- The SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule and Annual Chapter Report Listing can be downloaded here: SCV Section Master Schedule.xlsx
- Computer History Museum - 50% discount for IEEE members. For 50% discount on Computer History Museum membership, see www.CHMdeal.com