IEEE Fellows 2022 Announced
IEEE has released the list of elevated Fellows for 2022. Fourteen members from SCV Section were elevated. Congratulations to all, we are so proud to have you as part of our IEEE section!
- Andrew Wolfe, for contributions in hardware code compression of embedded software power consumption analysis and optimization
- Chee-yee Chong, for contributions to information fusion methods for multi-sensor tracking
- Cullen Bash, for contributions to improving the sustainability and energy efficiency of data center infrastructure
- Daniel Abramovitch, for contributions to the development of algorithms for control of mechatronic systems
- Debargha Mukherjee, for leadership in standard development for video-streaming industry
- Eric Pop, for contributions to phase-change memory
- Haisheng Rong, for contributions to silicon photonics devices
- Isaac Nassi, for leadership in parallel and distributed systems and adaptive systems
- Jiang Zhu, for contributions to antenna design for wireless communications
- Narayan Srinivasa, for contributions to neural network and neuromorphic computing architectures, circuits and algorithms
- Shan Liu, for leadership in multimedia and multicore processors
- Sujata Banerjee, for leadership in programmable and energy efficient networks
- Tony Heinz, for contributions to spectroscopic techniques, nanophotonics, and optical nanomaterials
- Zhiping Yang, for contributions to signal and power integrity in high-performance data center electronics
The complete list of 2022 class Fellows (PDF) can be found here.
Santa Clara Valley Section
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence
About IEEE SCV
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Section & Chapters News
- Except for Summer Break (July and August), monthly SCV Section ExCom meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month virtually.
- The SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule and Annual Chapter Report Listing can be downloaded here: SCV Section Master Schedule.xlsx
- Computer History Museum - 50% discount for IEEE members. For 50% discount on Computer History Museum membership, see www.CHMdeal.com
- Industry Spotlight: Sustainable AI @ Scale: Accelerating AI Models for Billions of Users
- Industry Spotlight: We Could Print It If We Could CAD It
- Industry Spotlight: Deep Learning Hardware: Past, Present, and Future
- Industry Spotlight: Future of Workforce
- Industry Spotlight: An Overview of Chiplet Technology for the AMD EPYC™ and Ryzen™ Processor Families