2019 Section Awards
- Outstanding Corporate Service presented to Ericsson Inc.
- Outstanding Chapter presented to IEEE San Francisco Bay Area Nanotechnology Council
- Outstanding Large Student Branch presented to University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC)
- Outstanding Service to Women in Engineering presented to IEEE Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section Women in Engineering (WIE) Affinity Group
- Outstanding Engineer presented to Jonathan Wells
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted women in engineering presented to Liliane Peters
- Outstanding IEEE Young Professionals (YP) member presented to Jocelyn Tan
- Outstanding Leadership and Valued Contributions presented to Brian Berg
IEEE MGA, Region 6 and Central Area Outstanding Large Section Awards (2016, 2015)
Santa Clara Valley Section
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence
About IEEE SCV
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters.
Chair: Glenn Friedman
Vice Chair: Taylor Winship
Treasurer: Wenbo Yin
Secretary: Jocelyn Tan
Past-Chair: Joseph Wei
Advisor: Ed Aoki
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
Section & Chapters News
- Milestone events August 15th in Mountain View: Birthplace of Silicon Valley - Shockley Labs and Moore’s Law. For more details follow the link
- Except for Summer Break (July and August), monthly SCV Section ExCom meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month at Ericsson in Santa Clara.
- Computer History Museum - 50% discount for IEEE members. For 50% discount on Computer History Museum membership, see www.CHMdeal.com
- The SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule and Annual Chapter Report Listing can be downloaded here: 2019 SCV Section Master Schedule.xlsx