2020 Section Awards
- Outstanding IEEE SCV Section Young Professional presented to Selvam Raju
- Outstanding Engineer presented to Sara Dadras
- Outstanding Large Student Branch of the Year (25 or more active members) presented to University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC)
- Outstanding IEEE member who promoted women in engineering presented
to Dr. Jeewika Ranaweera
- SCV Section Section Chair Special Award presented to Joseph Wei
IEEE MGA, Region 6 and Central Area Outstanding Large Section Awards (2016, 2015)
Santa Clara Valley Section
IEEE Santa Clara Valley Section inspires Silicon Valley professionals and students to stay connected and to collaborate by creating and providing leadership programs to educate and to stimulate technological innovation, and engineering excellence
About IEEE SCV
The Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section promotes the aims and objectives of the IEEE as stated in the IEEE Constitution and Bylaws. The Section concerns itself with all IEEE affairs taking place within the area prescribed by the IEEE as the territory of the SCV Section that geographically takes in all the peninsula cities south of Highway 92, plus the counties of Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. The SCV, more popularly known as Silicon Valley, is the largest IEEE Section in the world in terms of membership as well as active chapters.
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community through IEEE’s highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE, pronounced “Eye-triple-E,” stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
- Industry Spotlight: Tolerable Delay: Augmenting Cloud Connectivity with Opportunistic Communication for Entity Centered Applications
- Overview of the IEEE Corporate Partnership Program
- Industry Spotlight – Industrial AI: Tales from the Field
- Industry Spotlight: Fighting a “novel” Virus with Supercomputers
- Industry Spotlight: Path Towards Better Deep Learning Models and Implications for Hardware
Section & Chapters News
- Except for Summer Break (July and August), monthly SCV Section ExCom meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of the month at Ericsson in Santa Clara.
- Computer History Museum - 50% discount for IEEE members. For 50% discount on Computer History Museum membership, see www.CHMdeal.com
- The SCV-Section ExCom Meeting Schedule and Annual Chapter Report Listing can be downloaded here: 2019 SCV Section Master Schedule.xlsx