Message from IEEE on coronavirus COVID-19
As you are aware, last week the World Health Organization officially declared the novel coronavirus COVID-19 a pandemic. This global health crisis is a unique challenge that has impacted many members of the IEEE family. We would like to express our concern and support for all the members of the IEEE community, our staff, our families and all others affected by this outbreak.
I CHANGE THE WORLD. I AM AN ENGINEER.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
- 20,000+ IEEE WIE members
- 800+ IEEE WIE Affinity groups
- 100+ Countries
Winner 2019, 2017 Outstanding WIE Chapter award granted to IEEE SCV WIE by the Santa Clara Section and Region 6, respectively.
2020 WIE ILC
WIE ILC goes virtual, register now for the 2020 virtual series.
The four weeks series will start on June 2nd and will close with the 24 hour movie screening of Pioneers in Skirts followed by a panel discussion. #BEtheChange #BEaPioneer
IEEE SCV WIE is dedicated to promoting and supporting women members of the IEEE at both the professional and student level. We share our enthusiasm in science and engineering through:
- INTERCHANGING expertise and experiences for self and career development,
- SUPPLYING latest technology through technical meetings,
- ACKNOWLEDGING promotions, contributions and accomplishments,
- PROMOTING the enhancement of education at work and school.
- Except for Summer Break (July-August), monthly IEEE SCV WIE ExCom meetings are held at the Intel SC-12 building in Santa Clara
- During the SCC Health Shelter in Place Order we have virtual meetings; If you wish to join, contact us and we will forward the online invite
- July 2019 – Women in Computing’19 a Retrospective
- June 2019 – Qualcomm Technical Talks
- November 2018 – With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
- October 2018 – Women in Service Computing
- September 2018 – IEEE Empowers Future Leaders
- SmartGurlz wins the Startup Pitch Contest
- June 2018 – SCV-WIE showcase their presence at the IEEE WIE ILC 2018
- May 2018 – 2018 CHM Fellow Award – Dame Stephanie Shirley