I CHANGE THE WORLD. I AM AN ENGINEER.
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests to a career in engineering.
- 20,000+ IEEE WIE members
- 800+ IEEE WIE Affinity groups
- 100+ Countries
Winner 2019, 2017 Outstanding WIE Chapter award granted to IEEE SCV WIE by the Santa Clara Section and Region 6, respectively.
2020 WIE ILC
2019 Outstanding Chapter Award
Dear SCV Section WIE Chapter,
Congratulation again for SCV Section WIE affinity group being selected as the recipient of the 2019 SCV Section “Outstanding WIE Chapter.”
Due to the fact the SCV WIE is the only such affinity group within the SCV Section, the title on the plaque was modified to: “Outstanding Service to Women in Engineering.”
IEEE Santa Clara Valley (SCV) Section Awards & Recognitions Chair
IEEE SCV WIE is dedicated to promoting and supporting women members of the IEEE at both the professional and student level. We share our enthusiasm in science and engineering through:
- INTERCHANGING expertise and experiences for self and career development,
- SUPPLYING latest technology through technical meetings,
- ACKNOWLEDGING promotions, contributions and accomplishments,
- PROMOTING the enhancement of education at work and school.
- Except for Summer Break (July-August), monthly IEEE SCV WIE ExCom meetings are held at the Intel SC-12 building in Santa Clara
- July 2019 – Women in Computing’19 a Retrospective
- June 2019 – Qualcomm Technical Talks
- November 2018 – With Her: A Skilled Girl Force
- October 2018 – Women in Service Computing
- September 2018 – IEEE Empowers Future Leaders
- SmartGurlz wins the Startup Pitch Contest
- June 2018 – SCV-WIE showcase their presence at the IEEE WIE ILC 2018
- May 2018 – 2018 CHM Fellow Award – Dame Stephanie Shirley