- This event has passed.
Hands-on Accelerated Life Testing Workshop with Prof. Bill Meeker
September 12 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
An Introduction to Statistical Methods for Product Life Analysis and Accelerated Testing
William Q. Meeker
Iowa State University
7:30 a.m. Registration Opens
8:00 a.m. Workshop Starts
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch Break
4:00 pm Workshop Ends
This is a one-day hands-on workshop covering basic and advanced statistical methods for reliability data analysis and accelerated testing. The course will focus on concepts, examples, models, data analysis, and interpretation.
- An introduction to statistical methods for reliability
- Nonparametric estimation, probability plots and fitting Weibull and lognormal distributions
- Introduction to software (JMP).
- Failure time regression analysis.
- Principles of acceleration models and acceleration factors.
- Accelerated life test data analysis–one variable.
- Pitfalls of accelerated testing.
- Accelerated life tests with more than one experimental factor.
- Accelerated destructive degradation test data analysis.
- Accelerated repeated measures degradation data analysis.
- Planning accelerated tests.
William Meeker is Professor of Statistics and Distinguished Professor of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State University. He has worked 8 summers at the General Electric Corporate Research and Development Center (now GE Global Research) and 15 summers at AT&T Bell Laboratories and is a visiting faculty member at Los Alamos National Laboratory. He has done research and consulted extensively on problems in reliability data analysis, warranty analysis, accelerated testing, nondestructive evaluation, and statistical computing. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Statistical Association (ASA) and the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and a past Editor of Technometrics. He has won the numerous awards including the ASQ Statistics Division’s W.G. Hunter Award, the ASQ Shewhart medal, and the American Statistical Association Deming Lecture Award. He is a co-author of the books Statistical Methods for Reliability Data with Luis Escobar (1998), and Statistical Intervals: A guide for Practitioners and Researchers with Gerald Hahn and Luis Escobar (2017), 14 book chapters, and of numerous publications in the engineering and statistical literature.
IEEE Reliability members: Free
IEEE Members: $15