Team work gives better rewards, is a well known fact. IEEE SASTRA SB has active collaborations with local student association ASCIEE-ECE (www.sastra.edu/asciee), jointly conducting events and workshops for the benefit of IEEE Student Members and other students from the university.
IEEE SASTRA SB, in collaboration with ASCIEE since October 2014, has conducted the following events in the past.
- Lecture on “Trends in Embedded Systems and VLSI Design“, October 16, 2014 by Prof. J. Siva and Dr. R. Sundararaman, Dept of ECE, SASTRA University
- Paper Presentation Event, 4th April 2015, as a part of ASCIEE techfest Sankalp 2015
- IEEE Day 2015 Celebrations-Two Talks from Mr. A.R. Singaravadivel, Chairman, ASCIEE and Mr. R.Sudharshan, Chairman, IEEE SASTRA SB and a Technical Quiz Contest, on IEEE Day 2015, October 6, 2015
- Technical Articles from IEEE SB and ASCIEE-“VV Chronicle”. An initiative by which technical articles on core electronics engineering will be sent regularly to registered participants, and regular discussion forums will be held. VV Chronicle will be relaunched in July 2016 for registered participants and Fresh Registrations will open in June 2016.
- PCB Design Workshop-28th February 2016. Participants were provided with hands on experience of how to make a simple PCB with the help of Eagle Platform. They were provided with basic PCB Design kit. Resource Persons: Dr. James A Baskaradas, SAP-ECE and Shri. N. Raju, AP-ECE.
- ANUBHAVA 2017-A technical symposium has been conducted by IEEE SASTRA SB in collaboration with ASCIEE during April 8-9 2017. This symposium comprised of a list of technical events and workshops along with fun events.
- MATLAB WORKSHOP-19th March 2017. Basics of MATLAB and few MATLAB programs have been taught to 250+ students who were actively participated. At the end of the session,few programs has been given to solve by the students and goodies were given to the first three people who shown the output.Resource Persons: Prof Dr. R. Sundararaman, Dept of ECE, SASTRA deemed University.