DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 25 November
Are you a bachelor or master student? Do you want to publish your hard work?
Now is the time to start preparing a paper to submit to SPC2018 on your Masters hard work, or on any research work NOT at Doctoral level that you are working on and want to tell everybody about.
IEEE R8 sponsors the authors of the best five papers to have an oral presentation of the paper at EUROCON 2019 in July 2019 at Novi Sad, Serbia. The five finalist papers are included in the conference proceedings and IEEEXplore. For the best three papers there are awards of $800, $500 and $200 respectively.
- Each author has to be a member of the Politecnico di Torino IEEE Student Branch at the time of the submission and a IEEE member (student or not) at the time of the oral presentation. The work presented has to be completed before the student receives the engineering degree that entitles him/her. A doctoral thesis is not considered.
- Published work is excluded from the Contest. Any paper subsequently published should mention an acknowledgement of the received award.
- Papers should cover technical and engineering aspects of a subject reasonably within or related to the areas with which the IEEE is concerned with.
- The work need not be original in engineering content, but should be original in treatment and concise in coverage of the author’s contribution to the subject.
- The paper sent to Politecnico di Torino IEEE Student Branch (if selected) will compete for the IEEE Region 8 Contest.
- At Region 8 Contest an international Jury, will grade the written papers without knowledge of the identity of the author and of his school. Jury will decide which papers will be accepted for presentation at the Region 8 SPC oral finals.
- Finalists selected by the Jury will be invited to present their papers at the conference. Since the five finalist papers are being included in the conference proceedings as well as in IEEEXplore Library, the rules will now allow that the name of the supervisor/mentor may be added, as an author, to the final version of the paper sent to the conference organisation.
- Travel expenses and living expenses will be provided to one author of each paper accepted by the Jury for oral presentation.
- The IEEE Life Member Fund is supporting IEEER8 and awarding three prizes of 800, 500 and 200 US Dollars for the first, second and third placed papers respectively.
- The paper must be typewritten on A4 size paper (210 mm × 297 mm), with the text width equal to 183 mm and the text height equal to 243.5 mm; a font size of 10 pt or larger should be used. The two-column IEEE Transactions style (with the space between columns equal to 4.1 mm) is required. The paper should not exceed six (6) pages.
- The paper should be in English. The oral presentation shall be in English, as well.
- The paper must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 25th of November.
For more information, contact us or visit https://ieeer8.org/category/student-activities/awards-and-contests/student-paper-contest/