Unfortunately due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we cannot offer PCB Milling or any of our other services at this time.
Send an email with attached Gerber files to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them milled. Include only the board outline, drill file and the copper layers to be milled. Please use the following file names:
Note the these are milled PCBs therefore:
- There is No Soldermask, the unused board area is bare copper
- There is No Silkscreen, only text on the copper layer will be printed
- There is No Trough Hole Plating, that is any holes with pads on the top and bottom will not be connected together unless a lead is soldered on both sides.
You must include text on the board that is readable when that layer is oriented correctly. This is to ensure the layers do not become mirrored.
Your design will not be accepted if you do not follow the above rules.
- Single-sided boards: $2.00 per square inch
- Double-sided boards: $2.50 per square inch
There is a minimum board order of $5. If orders are not over $5, multiple copies can be milled to compensate. Orders over $15 (single sided 7.5 sq. inch OR double sided 6 sq. inch) must be paid for prior to milling.
The minimum trace width should be 10 mil (10 one-thousandths of an inch). We recommend a minimum of 12 mil. In order to prevent issues with mirrored boards, add text to your board.
Inner Hole Diameter
The minimum hole inner diameter is 20 mil. The holes are not plated, the student branch does not provide the service of connecting layers on two-sided boards. Cut off leads of resistors usually work well in connecting the two layers.
The Student Branch no longer completes rub-outs as it is time consuming and quickly wears out bits. In most cases they are not required.