Here’s a brief description of every position.
- Preside over all IEEE meetings and functions
- Maintain a schedule of events and keep other officers informed of event dates and officer responsibilities
- Ensure the objectives of the group are executed in a timely fashion
- Assist all other officers as needed
- Ensure officers are properly functioning and properly motivated
- Submit the Registered Student Organization registration to KSU each year
- Ensure at least one officer’s attendance for required Engineering Student Council meetings and any other meeting that Department Heads request attendance.
- Assume the duties of the President in the President’s absence / resignation.
- Responsible for Planning and Implementing Annual IEEE booth for Open House.
- Assist Treasurer in establishing budget constraints for events.
- Responsible for acting as a liaison to EECE department
- Coordinates the finals week breakfast
- Coordinate with ECE shop to ensure that all parts kits requested by professors are sold to students in a timely matter.
- Administer fiscal matters
- Maintain financial records
- Submit applicable tax statements as required by The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
- Create and propose an annual budget to officers for approval
- Assist Vice-President with parts kits sales by setting kit prices.
- Be responsible for locker rentals to any students that request a locker
- Take minutes at both general and officer meetings. Have minutes approved by officers and ensure both general and officer meetings are accessible on the IEEE website.
- Maintain the national and IEEE record book of all agendas, minutes, and reports.
- Work with President in submitting reports to Nationals (Officer Reporting Form in May, Annual Plan for Activities in November and Annual Report of Activities in May)
- Ensure an attendance list is passed around at each general meeting for voting privileges
- Notify IEEE headquarters of the names of newly elected officers immediately following any elections.
- Keeping an updated list of IEEE members
Webmaster/Social Media Chair
- Create/ update the webpage as needed. This includes the KSU IEEE Facebook page, LinkedIn page, and the official webpage.
- Assist Secretary with member list and submitting meeting updates via the website.
- Work directly with Public Relations Chair to make sure all EECE students are made aware of upcoming meetings/activities by sending emails and updating the webpage.
- Monitor the KSU IEEE Gmail inbox, forwarding incoming emails to the appropriate officer(s) in a timely manner.
- Work with Secretary to ensure an accurate members list is kept. Will be responsible for creating a contact list for all of these members.
- Work directly with Public Relations Chair to make sure all EECE students are made aware of upcoming meetings/activities by making fliers/posters and posting them in appropriate places.
- Update display board with club information, schedules, and upcoming events
Public Relations Chair
- Maintain current and future contacts with corporations by mail, email, or phone.
- Actively recruit new companies that are of interest to the IEEE members for event attendance.
- Maintain correspondence with companies after events. This includes thank you letters to guest speakers and follow up information following tours.
- Arrange and recruit for guest speaker and corporate tours with the assistance of the Activities Chair.
- Organize club activities such as the camping/rafting trip and other social and academic activities.
- Create liability forms and ensure that students participating in named events sign the forms, also maintain and update the forms as needed.
- Provide timely notification to the Webmaster and Secretary of upcoming events.