IMPACT is the blog from IEEE Young Proffessionals.
IMPACT contributions come from IEEE volunteers across the world. We invite you to join the IMPACT team! From the simple week-to-week tasks such as editing new articles, modifying the site, and keeping our social networks up-to-date, to the long-term efforts such as finding new ways to engage members, building our team, and re-envisioning the look of the site, there are plenty of opportunities to contribute in ways that interest you. E-mail the editor-in-chief Aravindhan.A.firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
A key element to the success of our publication is the solicitation of exciting articles from all IEEE elements, including our technical societies.
As the Young Professional representatives on your respected technical society, we would like to use this opportunity to encourage you to submit an article on any of the following activities:
- Entrepreneurship within your society
- Demonstrated leadership (workplace and community) amongst IEEE volunteers
- Continual education including development of soft skills (public speaking tips, networking, teamwork, etc.)
- Career progress and planning
- Reports on major technical developments, major conferences, workshop, etc.
- Upcoming major events, why should Young Professionals attend, etc.
- Interviews with IEEE members who have made major accomplishments in your society
Please do not let the list above deter you from proposing other interesting topics which you may want to share with our audience.
Guidelines for submissions
- The articles should not exceed 500 words in total length
- Must submit several medium/high resolution images to accompany article (please submit images separately)
- Articles can be hybrids with a mixture of video, text and images. We would like to encourage this format. Video submissions should be uploaded to YouTube and the link provided for sharing. Please keep the videos shorts ~maximum of 3 minutes.
Please send your submissions directly to the IEEE Impact Editor-in-Chief, Aravindhan Anbazhagan (Aravindhan.A.email@example.com)
We look forward to sharing the success of your society and collectively demonstrating the Impact of IEEE Young Professionals to the world.