Excellent information and training regarding Branch officer duties can be found on the IEEE’s Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE). Hint: Use your IEEE credentials to log on.
- Serves as the Executive Officer of the Student Branch.
- Manages the general operations of the Branch.
- Presides at all meetings of the Branch.
- Appoints committee chairs.
- Involved in “forward planning” for the Branch.
- Prepares necessary reports for IEEE Student Services.
- Arranges for election of new Officers before leaving office.
- Communicates frequently with other Officers.
- Works with Branch Counselor in dealings with the Department and Faculty, as well as the local IEEE Section and GOLD Affinity Groups.
- Serve as the junior Executive Officer of the Student Branch
- Chair the Program or Membership Committee.
- Monitor the progress of Branch programs.
- Fill in for the Student Branch Chair as required.
- At some Branches, may run for Chair next year for continuity.
- Keep detailed records of all Branch meetings, activities.
- Carry out all necessary communications of the Branch, including the filing of officer and activity report online with IEEE.
- Maintain posters, forms and other supplies as required.
- Post a calendar of events to keep all members informed of Branch activities on the web site and other areas on campus.
- Ensure that all Branch activities are conducted under the provisions of the current Branch policies for IEEE and the university.
- Arrange for orderly transfer of all Branch records to incoming Secretary.
- Responsible for ensuring the Branch’s finances are in order.
- Ensure that the Student Branch account has co-signing authority with the Student Branch Chair, Student Branch Counselor.
- Deposit all monies received promptly in the Student Branch account.
- Prepare a budget at the start of the school (or fiscal) year.
- Prepare end-of-year Financial Statements.
- Chair the Fundraising Committee are Co-signing Officers (jointly with the Student Branch Chair).
- Arrange for orderly transfer of all accounts and records to incoming Treasurer.