IEEE MGA Awards and Contests
Outstanding Student Certificate
- To recognize outstanding contributions to Student Branch or Branch Chapter activities.
- Application by any branch officer to IEEE Student Services using the supply order form. Contact the Regional Student Activities Committee for more information.
Outstanding Student Branch Award
- To recognize one Student Branch in the world for its efforts in promoting the benefits of IEEE membership to students, meeting IEEE Bylaw reporting and membership requirements.
- A cash award of $1,000 and a plaque will be given to the recipient.
- The recipient will be chosen from the Regional Outstanding Student Branch Award recipients. Apply for the Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award — if you win, you are eligible for this award.
Outstanding Student Branch Counselor and Advisor Award
The IEEE Outstanding Branch Counselor and Advisor Award was established to recognize the important contributions of the faculty Counselor or Advisor.
- Each year, up to ten outstanding Counselors and Advisors (one per Region) will receive a cash award in recognition of their contributions.
- Winners will be those who, through their work as Counselors and Advisors, exemplify the IEEE’s commitment to the educational, personal, professional, and technical development of students in IEEE related fields of interest.
- Nomination deadline Feb 1st via My Review Room – more details
IEEE Student Enterprise Award
The objective of the competition is to provide the opportunity for IEEE Student members to work with others on an engineering project, while simultaneously strengthening IEEE Student Branch programs.
- Topics may be of a technical or non-technical nature ranging from research on state-of-the-art technology to community service programs.
- Funding for the project up to US $1500.
- Submission deadline Feb 1st to IEEE Student Services – more details
Darrel Chong Student Activity Award
- The purpose of this new recognition system serves to change the mind set of our student groups from being number-driven to become value-driven and acknowledge exemplary student activities around the world.
- Application by any branch representative to IEEE Student Services – more details
IEEE Presidents’ Change the World Competition
- The purpose is to recognize and reward students who identify a real-world problem and apply engineering, science, computing, and leadership skills to solve it.
- Opportunity to have their ingenuity and enthusiasm for engineering and technology recognized by prestigious IEEE members around the globe – more details
IEEE Xtreme 24-Hour Programming Competition
- A global challenge in which teams of IEEE student members compete in a 24-hour time span against each other to solve a set of programming problems.
- Supported by an IEEE Student Branch, advised and proctored by an IEEE Member – more details
IEEE Student Ethics Competition
- Certificates for participants
- Prize money from the Ethics committee – more details