IEEE Canada Awards and Contests
George Armitage Outstanding Student Branch Award
This award, supported by IEEE Canada, is given to recognize extraordinary Student Branch achievements by Student members engaged in activities conforming to IEEE objectives and purposes. These would include, for example:
- significantly improving the vitality of the Branch with regard to activities, membership, or finances;
- effective interaction of the Branch with the local Section or Region, or IEEE technical societies, e.g., seminars, conferences, S-PACs, S-PAVes;
- community involvement that benefits the school and/or the community, the image of the IEEE, and the image of engineering in general.
- Nomination deadline: May 15, by branch counsellor or any branch officer to RSAC and RSR.- more details
IEEE Regional Exemplary Student Branch Award
- The purpose of this award is to encourage, through public recognition, exemplary Student Branch operation. By providing a list of documentation filed throughout the previous school year, the Student Branch demonstrates its exemplary operations. There is no limit to the number of awards given. However, the Branch must conform to IEEE Bylaws, have an active program, and show how it supports IEEE goals.
- The Branch must be nominated by an Officer of the Branch.
- Nomination deadline: February 1, more details , nomination form via My Review Room.
Larry K. Wilson Regional Student Activities Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize annually, in each Region of the IEEE, the student most responsible for an extraordinary accomplishment associated with student activities.
- The value of a pattern of dedicated, ongoing service to a Branch is certainly recognized. However, this award is designed to reward a particular event or product of IEEE activities.
- Nomination deadline: February 1, more details , nomination form via My Review Room
IEEE Canada Student Branch Website Competition
- To encourage Student Branches to get rewarded for their hard work over the year
- Prizes of $500, $300, $200 for the regional competition
- The winner(s) go to the global competition to compete with winners from each of the other nine regions
- Nomination deadline: May 1st. Visit the Student Concourse for more information