First Place: Team “WAYA Pro”, Faculty of Technology, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
- T Purusothma
- RA Hettige
- RAE Manoj
- JAGSK Jayasooriya
Second Place: Team “WUSL GIRLS’ POWER”, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Wayamba University of Sri Lanka
- K.K.K.M.C.De silva
Third Place: Team “NITWAP”, University of Colombo School of Computing
- Nishadi Thilakarathna
- Tharika Sachinthi
- Pramodya Weerakoon
- Wathsala Chathurani
Prof. Paul M. Cunningham
Director, IST-Africa Institute,
Chair, IEEE Humanitarian Activities Committee.
Ms. Carmen Niethammer
Women in Work.
Ms. Heshani Mahalaksha
Lanka Electricity Company (Pvt) Ltd.
Student Activities Chair,
IEEE WIE Sri Lanka.
Ms. Tamasha Fernando
Project Manager, Information Communication Technology Agency of Sri Lanka,
Founder, iFrock, The Bridal Grooming Platform,
Board Member, Diversity Collective Lanka.
Ms. Kalhari Kaluarachchi
Program Manager| SAARC, Cisco Networking Academy, Cisco System
The Women in Engineering video competition is an open competition for IEEE members. A short video (5-10 mins) has to be done on a Humanitarian technology initiative carried by the individual/group specially targeting the female communities or with the contribution of females. The initiative has to be an already implemented/ongoing project with humanitarian technology as a focus.
The creators of the selected videos will be invited to R10 HTC and there will be a panel discussion with them to share the project experiences with the audience. This will be a platform for the participants to understand the challenges they will be facing when taking a solutions to real world problems.
- Female health care: Healthy women make nations strong
- Make it a safer place for her: Preventing violence/ harassment against women
- Educating the girl child
- Women empowerment
- Introduce a girl to STEM
Information for Participants:
- Maximum of 4 Members per each group and at least there should be 1 female representative. At least one member of the group need to be an IEEE member.
- 3-5 videos will be selected as finalists and they will be invited to R10HTC.
- Female participant should present it at R10HTC.
- For the interactive discussion all the group members can participate.