2016 IEEE PES PowerAfrica Conference
Electrifying Africa: Affordable Energy Enabling Socio-Economic Development
Meet participants involved in electrification on the African continent, including researchers, academics, industry leaders, regulators, investors. Come network and share ideas
CONFERENCE IS OVER BUT NEWS IS ONGOING!
(Please note that free access to the presentations are restricted to conference participants)
Welcome to the 2016 IEEE PES PowerAfrica Conference coming to Livingstone, Zambia. This is a special IEEE PES Power Africa Conference dedicated to electrification and is the first Power Africa conference being held outside of South Africa. PES provides the world’s largest forum for sharing the latest in technological developments in the electric power industry, among other things.
- Sharing good technical experiences through presentation sessions among experts in industry, research etc.: critical in such a competitive market
- Opportunity to publish a paper in the world-acclaimed IEEE Xplore
- Opportunity to choose to do a technical presentation (instead of a full paper) during the Conference
- A forum for the African governments and regulators to discuss best practices to support the electrification of Africa
- Network with leading practitioners in the field of electrification
- Access to students (future workforce), practitioners, investors and regulators from across the globe
- An opportunity for graduates to meet with industry during a dedicated event where they can network with future employers
- IEEE PES organization brings in more than 14000 people all over the world for their annual T&D shows, 3000 people for General Meetings (GM) in North America
- Learn about the PES society of the world’s largest professional technical association, IEEE
- Learn from tutorials (see Program page)
- Be involved in the building of IEEE PES working groups on powering Africa and our excitement around women working in power
PowerAfrica 2016 Livingstone will be a platform for participants from academia, electric utilities and industry to discuss experiences, best practices and associated technical developments that can be applied towards the electrification of Africa enabling socio-economic development. Power delivery regulations, investments and policies will also be addressed.
PowerAfrica 2016 Livingstone will cover keynotes, plenary sessions, paper and poster presentations, and tutorials by worldwide experts on power delivery with focus in Africa.
PES sponsors or co-sponsors many conferences and meetings throughout the year. Attending these events is a great way to stay up-to-date with latest advances, hear from leaders from the profession and network with your colleagues.
Date: June 28 – July 2, 2016
Venue: Avani Victoria Falls Resort
Mosi-Oa-Tunya Road, Livingstone, Zambia
Local Arrangements Chair: Mpaisha Phiri & Bellington Kabwe
General Conference Chair: Dr. Urenna Onyewuchi
CONFERENCE IS OVER!!!
Thanks to all delegates and specially to the Conference Planning Committee for a wonderful outing!!!