The IEEE Power and Energy Society – Phoenix Chapter is seeking nominations for its 2015 Outstanding Engineer Award. This award recognizes a local engineer for making outstanding contributions to the power engineering profession. For example, past recipients of the award have been recognized for:
• Working on joint industry-academic projects, e.g. APS-ASU
• Volunteering with local schools’ STEM programs
• Serving on IEEE Standards committees
• Working on particularly complex or high-profile projects
• Serving as mentors to other employees
The recipient of the award will receive a $500 check, which will be awarded at the annual IEEE Banquet in Phoenix in February.
If you wish to nominate someone for this award, please email the person’s name and a description of why you feel that person should receive the award to email@example.com . The deadline for the nominations is EOB on Friday, January 8th, 2016. Please note the recipient must be a IEEE PES member.
2015 Chair, Phoenix Chapter
IEEE Power and Energy Society