Smart Buildings & Customer Systems Committee
Teleconference – 24th August 2018
Attendees Chair: Alexander Micallef University of Malta Vice Chair: Mehdi Savaghebi University of Southern Denmark Secretary: Amjad Anvari-Moghaddam Aalborg University
Mike Barker Mike Barker & Associates Yu Xia Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, R&D
- Call to order, Chair’s remarks
Quorum was achieved and hence meeting was kicked off by the Chair at 5pm (CET).
- Approval of minutes of previous meeting
Minutes of the previous meeting were approved as is i.e. without any changes.
- Items on the Agenda
- The proposed study groups (SGs) were reviewed and discussed.
- The title of the study group on Nearly zero energy building was approved was motioned to be changed to (Nearly) Zero Energy Buildings by Amjad. This was unanimously approved by the present members. The scope of the study group was also changed to reflect this name change. The present members also unanimously approved the scope of the study group. (attached at the end of the minutes)
- There was a general discussion on the focus of the second study group. Finally, it was agreed that rather on focusing on a sub-topic such as EV charging, a study group which considers active buildings should be considered (Mike). However, since this topic has significant overlap with the previous study group, it was unanimously decided that this study group should focus on the economic and control techniques used to manage the flow or exchange of energy within an existing electric power system. The title of the study group was motioned by Amjad as Transactive Energy for Buildings and was approved by the present members. The present members also unanimously approved the scope of the study group. (attached at the end of the minutes)
- Action Items
- Alex will circulate an email with a call for committee members to participate in these study groups. This shall be will be forwarded to all the members with enough notice before the next meeting. b. Mike shall also prepare and forward information regarding active buildings and
Transactive energy applied to buildings
c. There is also a general concern regarding the lack of participation by members during meetings. Alex will circulate a notice asking for active participation of members in committee meetings.
There were no additional motions put forward to the committee and the meeting was adjourned at 6.10pm
- Title of Study Group: (Nearly-) Zero Energy Buildings
- Scope of Study Group: The purpose of this task force is to prepare a report on current standards, guides and recommendations that are currently available on (Nearly-) Zero Energy Buildings. Based on the results of this report, the committee shall than recommend whether to form a working group to update/form a new standard/guide/whitepaper.
- Title of Study Group: Transactive Energy for Buildings
- Scope of Study Group: The purpose of this task force is to prepare a report on current standards, guides and recommendations that are currently available on Transactive Energy applied to Buildings. Based on the results of this report, the committee shall than recommend whether to form a working group to update/form a new standard/guide/whitepaper.