The following awards were announced at NPEC Meeting N03-1
- Neil Smith, Chair, Nuclear Power Engineering Committee, 2001-2002
- Farouk O. Baxter, IEEE PES Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award, NPEC 2002
- John Kueck, IEEE PES Technical Committee Working Group Recognition Award, Chair, WG 4.7 – IEEE 741 “Protection of Class 1E Power Systems and Equipment”, 2002
- George Attarian, Harvey Leake, Jerry Nicely, Tom Sims, and Jim Stoner, WG 4.7 – IEEE 741 “Protection of Class 1E Power Systems and Equipment”, 2002
- J.D. Kueck, G.E Attarian, H.C. Leake, and T.R. Sims, IEEE PES Outstanding Technical Committee Prize Paper Award for “Risk Factors Regarding the Application of Degraded Voltage Relaying at Nuclear Generating Stations,” NPEC 2002
NPEC Certificates of Appreciation:
- James E. Stoner, Jr. Chair -Working Group 4.1, Successful Completion of IEEE 308-2002
- Gary Toman, Chair – Subcommittee 2 Qualification, 1997- 2002
- Paul Colaianni, Leadership in Standards for Plant Life Extension and License Renewal, 2002
- Cindy Wiktor, Administrative Contributions to IEEE Awards Program, 2002
- Steve Fleger, Significant Contributions to Subcommittee 5 Human factors, Control Facilities & Reliability
For: WG 5.2 Human Factors Conference, 2002
- Harold Blackman – Conference General Chair
- Bruce Hallbert – Conference Administrative Chair
- J.J. Perensky – Technical Program Chair
- Stephen A. Fleger – Financial Chair
- James A. Bongarra, Jr. – Conference Organizer
- Scott Malcolm – Conference Organizer
- John O’Hara – Conference Organizer
- Valerie E. Barnes – Conference Organizer
- Paula Thornock – Administrative Support
- Theresa Flores – Administrative Support
The following awards were announced at NPEC Meeting N04-1
Neil Smith received the Technical Committee (NPEC) Distinguished Service Award (2003) for his contributions to NPEC before, during and after his term as NPEC Chair.
WG-2.1 (Chair is Jim Gleason) received the Technical Committee (NPEC) Working Group Award for its efforts on the revision of IEEE Std 323. WG-6.1 was nominated for the PES Working Group Award for its efforts on IEEE Std 497; this PES award has not yet been named.
A technical paper entitled “Computerized Approach to Updating Qualified Lives for EQ Equipment” based on IEEE Std 1205 by Michael Wylie, Rebecca L. Steinman, and Linda L. Makatura received the Technical Committee (NPEC) Prize Paper Award.
NPEC Past Chair Jay Forster will receive the prestigious IEEE Charles P. Steinmetz Award in 2004.
Technical Committee Distinguished Service Award (N17-01)
for outstanding distinguished individual service. This personal recognition acknowledges the efforts of those individuals whose sustained performance, over many years and/or has contributed to the advancement of the committee technology.
Robert Waters, (SC-5 – Human Factors, Control Facilities, and Reliability)
For many years of dedicated service advancing Human Factors, Control Facilities, and Human Reliability Standards for the IEEE PES Nuclear Power Engineering Committee.
WG Recognition for Outstanding Standard Award (N17-01)
one Working Group to be recognized for outstanding performance in the development of a Standard.
WG 2.1 – Equipment Qualification, for development of IEC/IEEE 60780-323-2016
Technical Committee Prize Paper Award (N17-01)
to the author(s) of an outstanding technical paper.
“On-site Low Voltage Determination of Zero Sequence Impedances for Station Auxiliary Transformers “
Dr. Abdelrahman Karrar, et. al.
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
This Paper won “Best of the Best” at the 2016 IEEE PES GM!