Situation and energy prospects in times of Coronavirus in Peru
In order to commemorate PES DAY 2020, the PES student chapter of the National University of San Antonio Abad of Cusco (UNSAAC) organized a conference that consisted series of events and in which technical, educational and social topics were discussed. In total 8 separate events were scheduled in three days: April 29, April 30, and May 1, reaching a total audience of 679 unique people from the Latin American energy sector.
The themes revolved around the health crisis that is currently underway and its orientation was directed to the energy situation in Peru, the topics were separated in three days, each with the following themes:
- Mantaro Hydraulic Generation,
- Present and future of renewable energy in the context of the covid 19,
- Impact of covid 19 on mining from the energy point of view
The first day was subdivided into the following topics:
- Management of an electric company in times of Coronavirus,
- Operation and maintenance of the Mantaro hydroelectric power station,
- Impact on the electricity market,
- Project portfolio of ELECTROPERU SA,
- Importance of the proper selection of materials in hydraulic turbines,
- Social responsibility of ELECTROPERU SA
The conference was held in cooperation with the companies: ELECTROPERU, ENEL, ENGIE. There were participation from 8 exhibitors, among them the president of the PES Peru chapter Rafael Florez was present.
Speakers in the first day:
- Engineer Edwin San Roman (General Manager ELECTROPERU),
- Engineer Oliver Martinez (Manager Production ELECTROPERU),
- Engineer Julio Villafuerte (Commercial Manager ELECTROPERU),
- Engineer Anddy Rodriguez (Project Manager ELECTROPERU),
- Engineer Ronald Vergara (Assistant Manager of Maintenance),
- Abog. Rene Garagorri (Assistant Manager of Image and Social Responsibility).
Speakers in second day:
- Eng. Claudio Eduardo Helfman Soto (Alternate Director ENEL Peru).
Speakers in Third day:
- Ing. Rafael Florez (Head of business Development)
First day of the event
Second day of the event
Third day of the event
PES DAY Ambassador
Vice Chair PES UNSAAC Student Chaper