PES Industry Members: You are the engineers who know about the need and opportunities for electrical engineering students in your organization. Do you know how easy it can be to get the word out to students who are actually interested in power and energy engineering careers? All that your student recruiters need to do is post those opportunities for jobs, internships or co-ops on PES Careers, a free on-line career service offered by PES.
Are you in a small business? Use PES Careers to get the level of outreach of a large business.
Are you in a large business? Use PES Careers to supplement your organization’s own recruiting program.
With PES Careers you can:
- Connect to numerous students and recent graduates(e.g., about 1,200 in the U.S. and Canada) who are pursuing power and energy engineering careers
- Contact studentsabout job openings instantly via text and email messages
- Find and target key attributes, including students who say they are interested in working in your geographic area, who are at particular universities, who have needed skills, or who are citizens of a particular country
- Enhance your organization’s current recruiting methods, such as by identifying students to contact during a recruiting visit at a university
- Direct candidates to use your own application process or have them submit via PES Careers
- Make certainthat electrical engineering students are aware that your organization is interested in them!
Posting specific opportunities is quite easy. Some employers also simply post generic position descriptions to give students a “heads-up” that that they are hiring interns or entry-level power engineers. Postings of such generic positions are communicated instantaneously to students just like any other job posting.
What do employers say about PES Careers?
It’s a pleasure working with PES Careers. PES Careers has been a great resource for Alstom Grid, especially when it comes to hiring new grad power system engineers. Recruiting power systems engineers would be much more difficult without PES Careers and its connections to power engineering students. Tracey Bertilson, ALSTOM Grid’s Director of Human Resources
We use the PES online career service to post our internships and career opportunities. The service targets very specific students, which is perfect. Our posts can then lead them directly to our website for more information. Jennifer White, Education Outreach Manager for Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
What do students say about PES Careers?
The absolute best part about receiving the PES Scholarship for me so far is the access to the PES Careers resource. I have found many exciting opportunities using this resource that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Undergraduate student recipient of a scholarship through the IEEE PES Scholarship Plus Initiative (http://www.ee-scholarship.org/).
PES Careers is available in the U.S. and Canada, and in Europe. More information about PES Careers can be found at http://www.pes-careers.org. If someone needs help subscribing or posting a position, send an emailto firstname.lastname@example.org the U.S & Canada or email@example.com for PES Careers Europe.
Thanks for helping students (while helping your own organization) and building the pipeline of students into power and energy engineering careers!