Having some queries? Take a look at the FAQ
IEEE PES Day is a global event that celebrates the strengths and the achievements of IEEE Power and Energy Society (PES).
On April 22, 2008, the Power Engineering Society changed its name to the Power & Energy Society after a final vote from the PES membership. Thus to mark the significance of this special day, IEEE members from all over the world celebrate this date as IEEE PES Day. This year, the 4th IEEE PES Day will celebrate 13 years of the new PES name.
Though the PES Day falls on 22nd April, 2021, celebrations can be organized all over the globe throughout the Month of April.
The theme of the 4th IEEE PES DAY is “Clean Energy Revolution”.
An ambassador is a passionate volunteer, who is the point of contact between their chapter, the regional lead and the country representative. The Ambassadors represent their own OU in this Global Event and play the most important role in arranging events and activities in their respective Units.
- Watch Ambassadors Training Video. Available at https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/ambassador-package/
- Organize at least one virtual event focusing on the PES Day theme (Clean Energy Revolution) . The Event needs to be organized from April 1st, 2021 - April 30th, 2021
- Submit your event in the Map. Submit your event at: https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/2021-event-submission
Event submission opens from Feb 20th, 2021- April 30th 2021.
- Take a picture with the group during the event and report the event once done. Submit your event report at: https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/2021-event-reporting
No Reports will be collected after May 5th, 2021.
** Only ambassadors submitting the report will get certificates.
With this theme “Clean Energy Revolution’ in mind, any OU can organize virtual events in different Technical, Humanitarian, Women in Power, and Young Professional Activity categories like,
- Online Webinars,
- Panel Discussions,
- Networking Sessions
- Article Writing/Art/ Quiz Competitions,
- Technical Workshops, etc.
You may organise any online event that depicts the aspects of Green Technology and Green Energy by connecting with a global network of IEEE Members, PES Volunteers, and PES Young Professionals.
There is no limit to the number of events. Anything that matches the theme of the 4th IEEE PES Day, can be submitted and organised by each OU.
- Leadership opportunities
- Chance to network and build Global Connections
- Scholarship opportunities
- IEEE PES Day 2021 Ambassador Certificate
- More benefits can be found at https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/2021-benefits
Deadline: May 5th, 2021.
An ambassador will be awarded with certificates only if they submit the event reports.
One report is to be submitted by each Ambassador.
You can find your respective Regional Lead or Country Representative at: https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/team-leads/
(You can find the contact email at the Top Right corner of their image. Just right click on the Envelope Icon.)
You can find all the promotional materials including AI files of the logos, poster designs etc in the IEEE PES Day 2021 toolkit provided in the link below:
At the event locator, you can search for any IEEE PES Day events going on nearby your area or worldwide.
https://site.ieee.org/pes-day/2021-events/ // calendar