IEEE Latin America Transactions
Call for Editorial Board Members
IEEE Latin America Transactions (IEEE LAT) is an indexed interdisciplinary journal that publishes original and innovative results of research in Spanish and Portuguese languages. The journal encourages and privileges the academic dialogue among the Latin American countries in their native languages, as well as among Latin American and others countries with the same languages, in order to contribute to the scientific development of the region.
Currently, IEEE LAT is in a process of transformation to face the challenges of new emerging technologies; therefore, we are seeking members to join its International Editorial Board that, with the Editor-in-Chief and the Journal’ steering committee, will have the responsibility to maintain the quality of journal and broader their impact. To ensure quality of the journal we now call for candidates among professionals and experts of the world that satisfy the following requirements:
• Hold a PhD (doctoral) degree and preferably, be a Professor/Researcher of an accredited academic institution/Research center;
• Have an outstanding experience in his/ her specific research field (The research field of the applicant must conform to the scope of our journal);
• Possess a very strong command of the Spanish or Portuguese languages, including verbal and written fluency;
• Provide a current electronic resume or curriculum vitae;
• Provide a brief summary outlining previous peer review /editing experience and why he/she is interested in reviewing for IEEE LAT.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board include: Assigning articles to review, reviewing articles, encouraging quality submissions, suggesting special issues of ‘hot topics’ and review articles, citing the journal, encouraging usage of the Journal, participating in board meetings and promoting the journal at conferences.
All enquiries, expressions of interest and applications should be directed via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (use the subject: call for Editorial Board Members).
Applications Deadline: November 17th, 2017.
The steering committee will decide the final composition of the editorial board and it will become public through the official page of the journal. Their decision is unappealable.
Latin America – Region 9 : http://ewh.ieee.org/reg/9/
Manage your IEEE Communications Preferences