IEEE UNITE 2018
Cost: Free for all IEEE Members and includes a free dinner. Participants must pay for their own drinks.
Date: 10 August 2018
Time : 6 – 9pm
Venue: Mercure Sydney Hotel, 818-820 George St, Sydney NSW 2007
Dress Code: Business Casual
About: This event aims to unite all IEEE Members (Student, Young Professional, Women In Engineering, Life Members, Academia & Industry etc.) in one place with a free dinner, exhibits and networking with a goal of making the most from the IEEE. Discover the latest trends, discover opportunities provided by the various IEEE societies, discuss membership elevation options, engage with TISP and much more!
The following technical societies and affinity groups have so far committed to the event:
Membership Development – Talk about membership upgrade options
TISP – Discover options to reach out and support primary and high school teachers
Student Activities – A 40min networking session for all students
Young Professionals – A 40min networking session for YPs
Power and Energy Chapter
Instruments & Measurements Chapter
Vehicular Technology Chapter
Joint Antennas & Propagation / Microwave Theory and Techniques Chapter
Joint Communications / Signal Processing / Oceanic Chapter
Joint Photonics / Solid-State Circuits / Circuits and Systems / Electronic Devices Chapter
Joint Power Electronics / Industry Applications / Industrial Electronics Chapter
Registration is a must! Numbers are Limited! You must show your IEEE membership card and confirm registration to gain entry.
Register here: https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/173728
Exhibit at the cost of a Donation:
Great opportunity for industry, business and academia! The purpose of the exhibits is to link students, academics, industry and business members.
We are offering IEEE members an opportunity to exhibit products or services for the cost of a donation. The size of the donation can be anything that you would like to contribute towards the event with no minimum. If possible we also ask for a small prize to be donated for the raffle. There is a limited number of exhibition tables available so be sure to register one early so that you don’t miss out! When you register your company details can be added to the UNITE2018 webpage (uploaded in fortnightly batches).
An exhibit space consist of a single table. No power or signage will be provided. Access will be provided to the hall from 5:30pm for setup.
Important: All exhibitors attending must be IEEE members. If you are not one register for a 2018 membership before August with a 50% discount at https://www.ieee.org/
– Showcase your products, research and services
– Connect your company, school or faculty with the IEEE network
– Engage with IEEE members, especially student members with future job opportunities (IEEE Members that attend such events are engaged and motivated individuals)
– Discover new opportunities
– Showcase your support to the IEEE
Register an exhibition here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018IEEEUNITEExhibitRegistration
Note: If the survey link is closed then we have reached the maximum number of exhibits for the event.
Exhibits Confirmed To Date:
- Rhode & Schwarz
- National Instruments
- Irina Rabeja Electronics & Computers Consultancy
- LATS (Learning About Technology for a better Society)
- About 5 more companies are finalizing details and will be listed very shortly
At UNITE we will also be holding a raffle to raise funds to cover the event. A big thank you to Business Events Sydney and partners for supplying the prizes.
Prizes donated to date include:
1. Accor/Mercure Sydney voucher: one night in a Deluxe room with breakfast for two & parking for one car
2. Sydney Tower Dining voucher: dinner or lunch for two at Sydney Tower Buffet
3. Moonshadow Cruises (Port Stephens): family Whale Watching Voucher valued at $153.00 (2 adults + 2 children) and a Family Dolphin Discovery Cruise Voucher valued at $70.50 (2 adults + 2 children)
4. Maritime Museum: two tickets to the James Cameron Challenging the Deep exhibition and general entry