Welcome to the IEEE PES Norway Chapter Website!
The IEEE Power & Energy Society is a worldwide, non-profit association of more than 20,000 individuals engaged in electric power engineering. The Norway Chapter consists of approximately 80 members who are industry leaders, practitioners, students and academics with a common professional interest in electric power and energy. The Chapter holds numerous events throughout the year. To join the IEEE and the PES, click here.
BOARD MEMBERS (FROM 2020)
- Chair: Erick Fernando Alves, PhD Student – NTNU
- Vice-Chair: Jonas Kristiansen Nøland, Associate Professor – NTNU
- Treasurer: Francisco Gonzalez-Longatt, Professor – USN
- Secretary: Bård Iver Ek, Senior Adviser – Unitech Power Systems
LATEST EVENTS (FROM 2019)
- 21. October 2020: Flexibility Markets – Unleashing the Potential of Distributed Resources
- 14. August 2020: Global Electric Power Sector: Engaging with Environmental Issues
- 8. May 2020: Northconnect – Technical and Socioeconomic Aspects
- 29. April 2020: Applications of Comsol Multiphysics in the Power Industry
- 6. November 2019: Solar and wind – Onshore and Offshore (Norwegian)
- 21. October 2019: Future Electrical Systems Applications: “Perspectives for a Norwegian-Brazilian Cooperation” (English)
- 8. May 2019: Smart Grid – “From Hype to Action”