The 2019 IEEE Day was celebrated by IEEE members in Nigeria at different locations.
- At Nile University, our Membership Development Officer, Engr. Abdullateef Aliyu was among the members present in a workshop on cyber security to mark the event.
- Also, Abdullateef Aliyu was a participant in an IEEE day Celebration centered on Hands-on renewable Energy solutions with Future Engineers.
- Azuka Ofogu, the ComSoc Chair celebrated the IEEE Day with members living in and around Port Harcourt.
- At the Federal University of Technology, Owerri; the Treasurer- Dr. Kennedy and Reginald Ogu (webmaster) were in attendance as the FUTO Student Branch celebrated the 2019 IEEE Day in another style.
- There was an IEEE Day event at Enugu State University of Science and Technology.
- An IEEE DAY ambassador, Ugomma Deborah Ogu and the Chair, Young Professionals- Haruna Gana organized an event at the University of Lagos. This event was attended by over 140 volunteers. Among whom were: Dr Adelabu, Engr Taiwo, Engr Opeifa, Engr Ope Allen, Engr Patience, Engr Austyne Duru, Engr Ebere and Engr Chinelo.
- There was an interesting IEEE Day celebration in Bayero University, Kano. Lead by IEEE day Ambassador, Dr. Muhammad Buhari of the Department Of Electrical Engineering Bayero University, Kano.
- Additionally, with the support of Engr Isaac Adekanye, there was an IEEE DAY celebration with a humanitarian visit to the Lagos Corrective Center for Boys, Oregun Ikeja. The NSE Chairman VI branch Engr. John Audu made this visit possible by providing bus for the team to visit the correction center