Call for Papers
Download the Full Call for Papers.
Prospective authors are invited to submit a 50-word abstract and a 1000-word summary of their paper for consideration for oral or poster presentation. All submissions will be considered by the technical program committee for either an oral presentation or a poster presentation. If an author only wishes his/her paper to be considered for the poster session, please indicate this during submission. All accepted submissions (including posters), require a full author registration. An author may register one paper or poster with his/her main registration and each additional accepted submission will cost an additional $100. Note: All authors need to have full registration to attend and present a paper, even if another coauthor has registered a shared paper as an additional submission.
Please indicate if submitting for NAECON Autonomy Grand Challenge or just the Autonomy Session (AES Focused Session), if appropriate. Acceptable format for final paper submission is: PDF (IEEE Xplore compatible PDF). Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to advance registration of at least one of the listed authors, and presentation of the paper. Authors should obtain company and government clearances prior to submission of papers. IEEE copy right release forms are required with the final camera-ready paper. All papers will be reviewed by the Program Committee. They will be judged with respect to their quality, originality, and relevance. Nominations will be solicited for the D.W. Repperger Best Paper Award.
NAECON 2018 Track Areas:
AES Focused Sessions:
- Aerospace Power Systems and Power Electronics (Chairs: Dr. Zhenhua Jiang, University of Dayton)
- Photonics Devices and Systems (Chairs: Dr. Nicholaos Limberopoulos, Air Force Research Laboratory and Dr. Paul McManamon, University of Dayton)
- Radar, Tomography and RF sensing (Chairs: Dr. Brian Rigling, Wright State University and Dr. Mike Wicks, University of Dayton)
- Electronic Warfare (Chairs: Dr. Andrew Bogle and Dr. Bob Penno, University of Dayton)
- Machine Learning, Guidance and Control (Chairs: Dr. Gary Lamont, Air Force Institute of Technology, Dr. Trevor Bihl, Air Force Research Laboratory and Dr. Matthew Sambora, AFLCMC)
- Terahertz and Millimeter Wave Devices (Chairs: Dr. Elliott Brown, Wright State University and Dr. Kubilay Sertel, The Ohio State University)
- Cooperative Autonomous Systems and Technology (Chairs: Dr. Rob Williams, Director, Discovery Lab Global and Randall Geiger, Iowa State University )
- Open, Agile, and Adaptable Architectures (Chairs: Dr. Nicholas Kovach, Air Force Research Laboratory and Richard Henderson, Leidos)
CAS Focused Sessions:
- Analog Devices and Processing (Chair: Dr. Jose Siva-Martinez, Texas A&M)
- Cybersecurity and Trusted Systems (Chairs: Dr. Charles Cerny, Dr. Matt Casto, and Dr. David Kapp, Air Force Research Laboratory)
- Low SWaP Sensor Processing (Chairs: Kerry Hill, Air Force Research Laboratory and Al Scarpelli, Air Force Research Laboratory)
- Emerging Electronics and Microsystems (Chairs: Soumyajit Mandal, Case Western Reserve University and Dr. Vamsy Chodavarapu, University of Dayton)
- Digital Signal and Image Processing (Chairs: Dr. Eric Balster and Dr. Russell Hardie, University of Dayton)
- Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence (Chairs: Dr. Tarek Taha, University of Dayton and Dr. Nilesh Powar, University of Dayton Research Institute)
Industry Focused Session:
- Panel on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Chairs: Dr. Gary Scalzi, Air Force Research Laboratory, Phil Ratterman, UDRI and John French, Ohio Aerospace Institute)
See the Information for Authors page for detailed submission instructions.
|Notification of Acceptance||6/1/2018
|Submission of Camera Ready Paper||8/15/2018|
|Author/Presenter Registration Deadline||6/23/2018|
|Early Registration Deadline||7/9/2018|
|Regular Registration||Through 7/23/2018|
For Public Affairs (Government Papers)
*Abstract submissions by the CFP deadline are for internal review only and are not considered for public release at that time
**Please allow 45 days for PA approvals