In the Annual General Meeting of IEEE Malabar Subsection in Dec 2015, a decision was made for giving awards to outstanding volunteers in the subsection.
Accordingly, it was decided in the Executive Committee meeting of MSS held on 24th September 2016 to constitute the following categories of awards.
1. Outstanding Student Branch Counselor in MSS. (Please find attached a Separate Nomination Format, to be used exclusively for this category )
2. Outstanding Student Branch Chairperson in MSS
3. Outstanding Student Chapter office bearer.
4. Outstanding student volunteer
5. Outstanding affinity group volunteer, WIE, YP etc.
6. Most vibrant IEEE Student Branch in MSS.
7. Outstanding Membership Development Volunteer.
Broadly the following norms/criteria will be used in deciding on the award.
1. No of years completed as Member of IEEE
2. Office bearer roles handled under IEEE Kerala Section/ Malabar Subsection
3. Office bearer roles handled of student Branch / Society Chapter (Chairperson/ Secretary/ExeCom member
4. Coordination of any event
5. Enrolling new members in IEEE
6. Membership(s) in any society chapter(s)
7. Attended any event outside your college
8. Any other award received at Global/ Council/Section/SB levels
9. Recommendations (confidential) from two referees who can vouch for candidates credentials
10. Any other achievements worth mentioning, in addition to the above.
Selection will be based on a set of points for each one of the above attributes. Nominations for the award for 2016 IEEE year is thus called for. Nominations can be self nominations or by others.
For Category 1 (Outstanding SB Counselor in MSS), duly filled in nomination may be send to email@example.com (To The Chair, Awards Committee) within the deadline cited in this notice (Award for the best SB Counselor will be based on the recommendations of the Student Branch and the number of activities held in the SB).
For Consideration for all other categories ( 2-7 , above ) please fillup the online registration form below
Nominators have to include the names of two referees who will send their recommendations in the format sent by the Awards Committee directly to the Chair, awards Committee, within the stipulated time. Non-receipt of referee reports will result in lesser number of points for the award.
All communications on this will be by e-mail.
The following schedule (last dates) are fixed for filing nominations
1. Announcement of the Awards 2016 in MSS Website, IEEE Malabar Hub etc : 7th Nov 2016
2. Last date for filling of nominations: 25th Nov 2016
3. Last date for receipt of referee reports: 30th Nov 2016
4. Awards Committee finalizing the awards: 1st – 15th Dec 2016
5. Approval by ExeCom : 20th Dec 2016
6. Announcement of awards: 20th Dec 2016
7. Awards Distribution: 31st Dec 2016 (During AGM 2016 of MSS)