Greeting form IEEE Madras Section
IEEE Senior Membership is an important recognition of the professional development of an IEEE Member. It is the highest grade for the IEEE members can apply. So IEEE Madras Section has taken initiative to help all the potential Senior member to upgrade their membership grade from Member to senior member. IEEE members can self-nominate, or be nominated, for Senior Member grade.
The candidates eligible for application or nomination for Senior member must be as below:
- Be engineers, scientists, educators, technical executives, or originators in IEEE-designated fields
- Have experience reflecting professional maturity
- Have been in professional practice for at least ten years (with some credit for certain degrees.
- Show significant performance over a period of at least five of their years in professional.
Getting started and How to Proceed:
- Make Sure that your my IEEE account is active, if not go to: Click here
- More detailed specification of the requirements for Senior Member Grade can be found at Click here
- Get ready to provide your References
- Agree as to who will be your Nominator
- Prepare the Application Form References must be current IEEE members References must be current IEEE members holding Senior Member, Fellow or Honorary Member grade. It is a good idea to start the search with your professional colleagues. You can also contact your Section or Chapter Chair for assistance in finding qualified references. For more advice on how to identify references please Click here
- Application Form can be viewed at http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/senior-members/application.html
- Senior Member Reference Form Can be viewed at: click here
- The Nominator should fill the Nomination portion of your Application and send it back to you. Then you can complete the Application and submit it.
You can check the status of your application at.http://www.ieee.org/web/membership/senior-members/status.html
Chair, IEEE Madras Section