The IEEE Lower Cape Fear Subsection, which comprises Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender, and Robeson counties of the IEEE Eastern North Carolina Section, serves the IEEE membership in southeast North Carolina. This site is intended to facilitate communication within and outside of our membership. The main content of the site includes announcements of upcoming events, section newsletters, resources for volunteers, and much more!
- IEEE ENCS ExCom Meeting (via WebEx only)IEEE ENCS Executive Committee All section officers, and the chairs of the chapters, affinities, committees and subsection are expected to attend. Other interested members are welcome. Advance registration is required. Meeting Schedule 6:15 PM Gathering & Networking - Webex 6:30 PM Agenda for ExCom 7:30 PM Adjourn
- IEEE ENCS WiE Virtual RoundtableJoin us for this digital networking session / webex checkin. In light of the pandemic and us all being stuck at home, let's help & encourage chapter members to get better acquainted with other members of WiE, including their work, interests, and maybe some assistance to help address their challenges - career and otherwise. […]
- ENC EMC Chapter meetingHigh-Speed Signal Integrity Challenges and Opportunities for Next Generation Technologies
- IEEE YP/WiE 2020 Kickoff SocialJoin the IEEE Young Professionals (YP) and Women in Engineering (WiE) groups for our first happy hour of 2020. We will be gathering at "Bottles and Cans" in RTP for some post-work drinks and snacks. IEEE will cover the cost of pizza. Don't be shy - drop by after work, and meet other locals in […]
- IEEE ENCS Admin Committee MeetingIEEE ENCS Administrative Committee will meet to review status and plan for section activities. (All section officers, committee members, and other key leaders are requested to attend. Other interested members are welcome. Registration requested. Meeting Schedule 6:00 PM General Networking 6:15 PM Working Dinner 6:30 PM Agenda 8:30 PM Adjourn
- ENCS- PES scholarship award ceremonyPresentation of PES scholarship awards at NCSU
- IEEE ENCS Engineers Week BanquetAttendees will celebrate National Engineers Week with banquet dinner and program on the Connected Autonomous Shuttles Supporting Innovation (CASSI) project being implemented on the North Carolina State University Centennial Campus.
- Engineering Day at The Forge Initiative for Families"Engineering Day -- February 22, 2020 from 10am to 4pm. There will be many hands-on engineering stations including - driving an FRC robot, disassembly of commercial electronics, meeting Ken the humanoid robot, 3D printing, laser cutting key chains, and interacting with a disassembled tractor engine to learn about its workings. The focus of the event is on […]
- IEEE ENCS SP Conference Tutorial: Modern Automotive Architecture and TechnologiesAbstract: Automotive industry has entered the fast lane of innovations with many disruptive technologies that shape the future of vehicles. Electrification pushes the evolution of powertrain from traditional internal combustion engines to hybrid and electric engines for improved energy efficiency and carbon emission reduction. Autonomous driving demands the rapid advances of sensor technology, machine learning […]
- SP Chapter: Special Round-table Webex MeetingI would like to invite every member of our local Signal Processing chapter to attend this virtual roundtable meeting so that we can share our concern and support, and stay connected as a community during this challenging time. I would also like to discuss any interesting technical topics and activities that we can effectively conduct […]